Tours from Livorno
Ideal for passengers arriving by cruise ships at the Port of Livorno but also for those who wish to visit some of the most famous Tuscan towns in a day: our private tours with a driver from Livorno to Florence will also allow you to discover the wonders of Pisa, Siena and San Gimignano.
With our special tours from Livorno port cruise excursions you can enjoy unforgettable experience of nature, history and art. Did you know that Tuscany alone has the largest number of historical monuments than any other country in the world?Continue
Private day tour from Livorno Port to Siena and San Gimignano
- € 97.00
Duration: approx. 10 hours
Location: San Gimignano, Siena
If you are undecided on the choice of your tour from Livorno, here's an overview of destinations:
FLORENCE. Also known as the 'cradle of the Renaissance', Florence is home to some of the most precious works of art in the world and countless fabulous sites.
- If we say 'Florence' what comes to mind? We are sure that your first response will be 'Uffizi' or 'Academy Gallery'... These two extraordinary galleries are the two most visited museums in Italy! The Uffizi Gallery contains masterpieces of the calibre of 'La Primavera' by Botticelli 'and' The Annunciation'by Leonardo da Vinci, to name a few. The Accademia Gallery instead, contains the largest collection in the world of works by Michelangelo, for example, the famous 'David' statue.
- We cannot fail to mention the architectural wonders that make up the complex of the Cathedral: dominated by Brunelleschi's Dome, Giotto's Bell Tower and the Baptistery of San Giovanni: you will be surely amazed by so much splendour!
- Florence is also an incredibly romantic city: Piazzale Michelangelo enjoys stunning views over the entire city where the majestic dome of the Duomo stands, while the banks of the Arno River will be the perfect setting for a quiet walk hand in hand with your partner. With our guided private tours from Livorno to Florence you will discover the essence of this magical city with a thousand facets.
PISA. During your stay in Tuscany do not forget to visit Pisa with its famous monuments and its beautiful old town, full of grocery stores and shops for your souvenirs.
- Square of Miracles is truly picturesque: on the green turf there are four very white masterpieces of medieval monumental art. The Bell Tower or the Leaning Tower, The Cemetery, the Cathedral and the Baptistery: the latter two monuments are so specific that they have created a new artistic style, the so-called 'Pisan Romanesque'.
- The old town of Pisa is also characteristic: through the streets and along the riversides, you can reach well-known places such as the Ponte di Mezzo, where, every summer there is the traditional Bridge Game in which the neighbourhoods of the city compete in a spectacular showdown.
SIENA. Dislocated in the heart of Tuscany and surrounded by rolling hills, Siena, included in our daily excursions tours from Livorno to Siena, is widely regarded as one of the most beautiful Italian medieval cities.
- Its centre is the unique and splendid shell-shaped Piazza del Campo, known worldwide for hosting the legendary Palio di Siena.
The square is dominated by the Public Palace, adorned with splendid frescoes by Lorenzetti, Duccio and other important artists of the 14th century, and the Torre del Mangia which is 88 metres high and one of the highest ancient towers in Italy (to be exact it ranks third after Torrazzo in Cremona and the Asinelli Tower in Bologna).
- Here the Civic Museum, is one of the main attractions of the city and some of the most beautiful paintings of the Sienese school are preserved, including 'The Cycle of Virtue' by Domenico Beccafumi, the 'Majesty' by Simone Martini and 'The Allegory of Good and Bad Government' by Ambrogio Lorenzetti.
- Walking through the narrow streets of the historic center of Siena you will be impressed not only by its historical and artistic heritage but also by the extraordinary artistic unity of the medieval style streets. Precisely for this reason, in 1995 the city of Siena was included among the UNESCO World Heritage sites and is referred to as 'a masterpiece of dedication and inventiveness in which buildings are designed to be adapted to the entire drawing of the urban structure '. Among our excursions from Livorno port, Siena is absolutely worth seeing!
SAN GIMIGNANO. Perched on a hill in Val d'Elsa, halfway between Siena and Florence, we find one of the most beautiful towns of Tuscany: San Gimignano. Recognizable from afar by its high towers, this small medieval village attracts a large number of visitors from around the world.
- The first thing to do and see in San Gimignano is surely a walk through the old town, where you breathe a medieval atmosphere thanks to the ancient walls and above all the 14 towers still present (not-forgetting that in the most prosperous period, the aristocratic families built as many as 72 towers).
- The village offers many places to visit, such as the Duomo, known as the Collegiate Church of San Gimignano, which contains frescoes dating back to the 24th century, the Town Hall flanked by the Torre Grossa from where you will have a exceptional views over the rooftops of the town and the Art Gallery, which houses precious panels painted by the greatest Florentine masters from the 13th and 14th centuries.
- To learn about the culture is very important, but also food and wine! In San Gimignano, you can taste and buy excellent local products like pure saffron, which since 2005 is the first in Europe to have earned the DOP (Protected Designation of Origin) and Vernaccia di San Gimignano, known and appreciated exquisite white wine.
Now that you have read about our private tours from Livorno for cruise excursions, simply choose your favourite: do you prefer the tour from Livorno to Siena and San Gimignano or the tour from Livorno to Florence and Pisa, or do you want to experience a day tour from Livorno to Florence? If, in addition to the Tuscan capital, you also want to visit other beautiful cities, we recommend our private tours from the Livorno port to Florence and Siena.
Any choice you make ... will be a fantastic experience! Request the availability online of your chosen private tour from Livorno and the staff at toscanainside.com will respond as soon as possible! And remember to bring your voucher - digital or paper - as proof of your reservation!
- Price range
- Tour type
- Period of the year
- Day of the week
- Visited places