Tour in Segway
Duration: 3 hours
This tour was already booked by 7 people
- Per person
- € 75.00
Why choose this experience?
|1||To visit Florence's major points of interest in just a few hours avoiding getting tired and with the possibility to stop-off to take pictures|
|2||To have fun driving an extraordinary and innovative vehicle such as the Segway|
|3||To hear stories, interesting facts and anecdotes on the wonderful pearl of the Renaissance|
Visiting art cities is a wonderful experience: you can discover monuments, works of art and ancient buildings. But there is a less pleasant side of the coin: Florence sightseeing on foot often takes a long time and at the end tiredness can take its toll. But now there is a remedy: the fantastic Segway! The two-wheel Segway is a self-balancing electric vehicle or, to put it simply, a kind of electric chariot on which you can coast between squares and streets without getting tired. You will comfortably stand on the Segway and lean on the handlebars while Florence will whizz past your eyes. You will just need to tilt your body to move forward or to stop ... no effort required! Visiting Florence in a day will finally be possible and, besides, you will do it with lots of fun. Are you worried you will not be able to ride it? Don’t worry, first of all because riding the Segway with handlebar is really easy and intuitive and also because before setting off to discover Florence you will practice a bit. It's so easy that the Segway for kids who are slightly older will turn out to be a real frolic. Instead, for the safety of little children, weighing less than 40 kilos, the vehicle is not recommended. In this case your little ones will have to wait until they are a bit older!
Are you wondering who invented this fantastic means of transport? The Segway inventor is the American Dean Kamen, who unveiled the first prototype in 2001. It is a clever device that based on small shifts of the body weight forward or backward will start or come to a halt while, to turn right or left, you just tilt the handlebar of the Segway in the desired direction. The Segway speed reaches up to a maximum of 20 km per hour but, of course, to enjoy Florence’s beautiful scenery you can ride it at a lower speed. For your Segway ride you will be provided with a helmet and the vehicle will be equipped with a handy bag where you can store your personal belongings so that your hands are free to steer it. You will see, driving an electric Segway will be very easy and above all great fun! The half hour spent before you leave for your Segway tour of Florence will be more than enough to become competent riders!
Unlike an ordinary Florence Segway rental, our Segway experience will allow you to visit the most important sights of the Tuscan city along an itinerary designed in order not to leave anything out. You will be able to listen to the audio guide on the headphones and hear in full comfort all the interesting descriptions of the places you will visit. Our Florence Segway tour will allow you to discover interesting facts, anecdotes and stories on the pearl of the Renaissance ... Florence by Segway will look even more beautiful! There are also several stops during the Segway tour of Florence when you can get off your Segway and take nice photos. Surely your Segway Florence tour will include plentiful opportunities for this. What are the stages of our Florence eco tour? In fact, let’s not forget that the Segway is an environmentally friendly vehicle and precisely because of this can access pedestrian or limited-traffic areas. You will swiftly reach the main squares of Florence and get close to its most important churches and buildings.
- Piazza della Repubblica. Surrounded by stunning 19th-century palaces, it is one of Florence’s 'parlours' and the location of several historic cafés including Gilli, Paszkowski and Giubbe Rosse.
- Palazzo Strozzi. A real gem of Renaissance architecture, which today hosts exhibitions of great resonance.
- Piazza Santa Maria Novella. The perfect place to stop for a moment to admire the wonderful and impressive Renaissance façade of the Basilica of the same name that will leave you breathless.
- Via Tornabuoni. Segwaying is perhaps your best option: you will not run the risk to max out your credit cards! This is indeed the most luxurious shopping street: Bulgari, Armani, Damiani, Dior, Pucci to name a few.
- Church of Santa Trinita. It is one of the oldest and most important in Florence dating to 1077 and built by the Vallombrosan monks. It mirrored the growing importance of the congregation and over the years it was embellished, magnified and decorated with works by great masters such as the Cimabue.
- Porcellino. Located in the proximity of the Mercato Nuovo, the fountain is a not-to-be-missed sight by anyone visiting Florence: you will be told about the ritual to find out if your wish will come true.
- Piazza della Signoria. The heart of Florence’s civic life dominated by Palazzo Vecchio, the fountain called 'Biancone' and the Loggia dei Lanzi and surely one of the main points of interest in Florence.
- Uffizi Square. The wonderful square from which you can access the vast museum lined by two loggias under which a multitude of artists are busy painting or drawing caricatures.
- Stop off along the River Arno. Here a stop off is a must to admire the succession of bridges offering from this perspective a unique and unmatched view of Florence.
- Piazza Santa Croce. It is the heart of one of the most picturesque districts in the city that still retains, with its alleys full of small shops and stalls, all the charm of bygone times. The square is dominated by the Basilica of Santa Croce, known also as the burial place of famous people such as Ugo Foscolo, Leon Battista Alberti and Gioacchino Rossini. In the evening it is one of the hotspots of the city’s nightlife.
- Piazza San Firenze. It is dominated by the Baroque church dedicated to San Filippo Neri whose name is a misnomer which was meant to be San Fiorenzo!
- Dante’s House. Situated in one of the oldest districts of the city, it features a characteristic tower structure where the great poet supposedly spent his life.
- Piazza Duomo. You will not know which way to look and for this the Segway on two wheel will really come in handy! You will effortlessly ride along the precious monuments dotted in this wonderful square: the Basilica of Santa Maria del Fiore, Brunelleschi’s Dome, Giotto’s Bell Tower and the Baptistery.
- San Lorenzo Church and Orsanmichele Church. The former is surely one of the city’s oldest churches and also the Church of the Medici Family, as proved by the statues of Lorenzo and Giuliano by Michelangelo. As for Orsanmichele Church, it is noteworthy mentioning that where it stands was originally a grain market later transformed into the 'Church of the Arts' or corporations.
What do you think? Among the guided tours of Florence, our original Segway city tour in Florence is certainly one of the most comprehensive. If you are pressed for time and wondering how to visit Florence in one day, you have found the perfect solution. In addition, our Segway Florence tour is a thrilling experience that will get the whole family excited.
from 1st April to 31st OctoberDeparture point:
Florence, Via dei Cimatori n. 9
9.30 am and 2.30 pm
Full: € 75.00
|Duration 3 hours|
Requirements for the use of the Segway:
- Age between 14 and 70 years old
- Weight between 40 and 120 kg
- Minimum heights: 145 cm
- Not being pregnant
- Being mentally and physically autonomous.
The ticket is not refunded if the above mentioned requirements are not respected.
There will be no refund in case of NO-SHOW (non-attendance at the start of the tour at the allocated time and at the meeting point indicated on the voucher) and/or rejection of the service on the day; if customers wander off during the tour; or if they decide to leave the tour before the end of the service.
To join the tour, you must show up at the meeting point at least 15 minutes before the departure time specified, and show a copy of the voucher (electronic or paper format).
Bookings can be made up to 48 working hours before the service.
Comfortable shoes are recommended.
For any problems on site, please ring the emergency number on the voucher.
In exceptional cases and/or reasons of force majeure that may prevent the tour already purchased to run regularly (i.e. acts of nature, strikes, exceptional closures, serious unexpected events or health problems experienced by the person in charge with the service after which it is really impossible to find a substitute), the tour might be cancelled.The customer will be notified of this as soon as possible and will be asked to choose between postponing the tour on the first date available or get a prompt refund of the price paid for the tour.
Departure point map
- Select language
- Choose a date
- Input data
Please make a new search!
- Total price
- € 0.00