Private day tour from Livorno Port to Florence and Pisa
Why choose this experience?
|1||To participate in a private tour departing from the port of Livorno to Pisa by bus|
|2||To visit the wonders of the historic centre of Florence and Pisa in one day|
|3||To spend a day of culture and relaxation and be taken back to the port of Livorno|
This tour has been already booked by 7 people
From 1 March to 31 DecemberDeparture point:
to be agreeed
Starting from €167,00 per person (for groups of 10 people - escort included).
In case the number of participants is less than 10, the price per person changes as follow:
approx. 10 hours
There will be no refund in case of NO-SHOW (non-attendance at the start of the tour at the time and the meeting point indicated on the voucher) and / or rejection of the service on-site; if customers are lost during the tour; or when customers decide to leave the tour before the end of the service.
To participate on the tour, you must submit a copy of the voucher (in electronic or paper format).
Reservations can be made up to 72 working hours before the service.
No penalty for cancellations up to 5 working days before the date of service.
50% penalty for cancellations within 4 days to 48 hours prior to the service date.
100% penalty for cancellations 48 hours before the service date or in case of no-show of clients.
Tickets for Museums are not refundable under any circumstances.
The museums mentioned in this tour (Uffizi and Accademia) are closed on Mondays.
Lunch in a typical Florentine restaurant €23.50 per person (the menu includes 3 courses, ½ litre of mineral water and ¼ litre wine).
Ticket for the Uffizi Gallery or the Accademia Gallery €18.50 per person (includes skiptheline entrance and visit at any exhibitions hosted by the Museum).
For groups over 25 people a second guide is required and costs: €150.00
Guide for the whole day (for up to 7 people, above it is included)
Guide to visit the Square of Miracles in Pisa (up to 9 people €155.00, €150.00 from 10 to 30 people)
In exceptional cases and/or reasons of force majeure (i.e. acts of nature, strikes, exceptional closures,serious unexpected events or health problems experienced by the person in charge with the service after which it is really impossible to find a substitute) the service you booked might be cancelled. If this should happen, you will be informed as soon as possible and, according to the type of service you booked, you will have the possibility to choose between postponing the service on the first date available or receiving a total refund of the price paid, if the cancellation policy of the service itself allows a refund.
Are you going to arrive at the Port of Livorno and want to visit two of the most beautiful cities in Tuscany in a day? Toscanainside.com has something just for you! This not-to-be-missed private excursion with a driver will take you from Livorno to Pisa and pass through Florence, known around the world as 'the cradle of the Renaissance'. Piazzale Michelangelo, the Complex of the Cathedral and the Square of Miracles are just some of the amazing places you will visit as a part of this fantastic tour!
Our Florence and Pisa tours from Livorno will leave from the enchanting port of Livorno where your driver will be waiting for you. And after the usual introductions, it is all aboard and off!
- Before reaching the first destination - Michelangelo Square – you will be driven along the famous Viale dei Colli. For those who are not familiar with this road, it is a characteristically tree-lined avenue that runs through the hills of Florence, designed by Giuseppe Poggi around 1865, when Florence became the capital of the Kingdom of Italy.
Taken today as a model of urban road development, this romantic walk gives a truly amazing view of the Tuscan capital and its surrounding hills.
- Shortly after you will reach Michelangelo Square, designed again by Poggi where a souvenir photo is a must! Leaning out the balcony you will be surely fascinated by the landscape, as Florence stands before you in all its beauty!
- During this first stop you can also admire the Church of St Miniato al Monte, a magnificent example of Florentine Romanesque style, built around the year 1000. The white and green marbles that decorate the exterior of the Abbey, recall those of the Basilica of Santa Maria Novella and the peculiarity of its interior is definitely the marble floor dating back to the 13th century. The forecourt of the church offers visitors a great view of Florence: Palazzo Vecchio and the Cathedral up to the ancient walls surrounding the city.
- You will continuing with the Livorno Pisa Florence tour aboard your vehicle and be driven through the heart of the city. Thanks to its immense historical and artistic heritage, the historic centre of Florence in 1982 was included in the list of UNESCO World Heritage sites.
Once at the Cathedral Complex, our guide will show you the beautiful monuments around you: the Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore dominated by the majestic dome by Brunelleschi, Giotto's Bell tower and the Baptistery of St John, characterized by its distinctive octagonal base.
- After a pleasant stroll through the heart of Florence, you will reach two world famous museums: the Accademia Gallery and the Uffizi Gallery. The first is home to seven sculptures by Michelangelo - including the famous 'David' - as well as the Museum of Musical Instruments and the largest collection in the world of paintings with gold background.
The Uffizi Gallery, the most visited museum in Italy, holds within it a valuable collection of works of art from the Medici family. Inside it boasts the works by great artists such as Caravaggio, Cimabue and Titian, Mantegna, Giotto and Leonardo da Vinci, to name a few. On the first floor of the gallery is also the 'Cabinet of Drawings and Prints': considered one of the most important graphic displays of all time, it was created by Cardinal de' Medici in the 17th century and today has more than 150,000 pieces.
- At this point of your Livorno-Pisa-Florence tour, it will be time to eat so you can choose from a delicious menu at a typical Florentine restaurant chosen by toscanainside.com or opt for a classic pizzeria or enjoy a sandwich on the banks of the river Arno!
- After lunch you will meet our driver again who will welcome you aboard and take you to another beautiful city before the return from Pisa to Livorno port. Pisa is known throughout the world for its artistic and architectural treasures.
Your next destination will be Piazza del Duomo, which is the main tourist attraction of the city, where the Basilica, the Baptistery and the Leaning Tower stand out on the green grass providing a unique view. The former centre of the Pisan life, the square is also known as the Square of Miracles: Would you like to know why? Because the harmony of monuments inspired the great poet Gabriele d'Annunzio, who, in his novel ‘Forse che sì forse che no' written in 1940, called them 'miracles', giving the square this eternal name.
It is important to mention the last leg of our Pisa excursion from Livorno: the Cathedral of Santa Maria Assunta, built in the second half of the 11th century in a Romanesque style, is tangible proof of the power and wealth of the Maritime Republic of Pisa during the period of its greatest splendour.
Curiosity: the whole Cathedral, as well as all the other monuments of the square, are below ground level because of the very clay soil on which it was built.
Opposite the cathedral stands the Baptistery dedicated to Saint John the Baptist, whose Romanesque building dates from the second half of 1100 by the Diotisalvi architect. The simple interior, which oddly, has no decorations, presents an exceptional sound. The echo that is created recalls the sound of an organ and is famous all over the world. The pulpit was sculpted by Nicola Pisano around 1260. The depicted scenes, particularly that of the naked Hercules, help us to understand how the classical influence made this sculptor a precursor of the Renaissance.
An undisputed symbol of Pisa is the Bell Tower, known to all as the Leaning Tower: built in several layers between 1173 and the second half of the 14th century, it is one of the most famous monuments in the world mainly because of its significant gradient due to subsidence of the underlying soil.
The monument consists of 8 floors, characterized by a series of arches and loggias, decorated with bas-reliefs, marble inlays and carvings. Inside there are two closed rooms: the Fish Room, located on the ground floor and so named for the presence of a bas-relief depicting a fish and the Bell Room placed on the 7th ring, where the bells that currently play thanks to an electronic system are located.
The Leaning Tower is approximately 56 meters high. It must be remembered that it is here that Galileo Galilei conducted his famous experiments on free fall of objects. In addition, thanks to its beauty and its incline, the tower was proposed as one of the seven wonders of the modern world.
To complete the square, il Camposanto (the cemetery), so named because it is a consecrated place and because according to legend, it was built on an area strewn with earth from the hill of Golgotha. Founded in 1277 by design from Giovanni Simone, the internal perimeter walls were decorated with frescoes by artists of the caliber of Buffalmanacco, Antonio Veneziano and Benozzo Gozzoli. Unfortunately, in 1944 an artillery shell landed on the lead roof, which melted leaking and seriously damaging the painting cycles. It was during the detachment operation of the damaged frescoes from the walls that the preparatory drawings of the original works (called 'Sinopie')were discovered, precious historical and artistic treasures preserved today in the homonymous Museum located nearby.
- The chauffeured tour from Livorno to Pisa to Florence will end in the late afternoon on return to the harbour. By participating in this fascinating Pisa excursion from Livorno you will experience an unforgettable Pisa tour from Livorno: request online its availability on the relevant form, and we will respond as soon as possible!