Private day tour from Livorno Port to Florence
This tour has been already booked by 7 people
From 1 March to 31 DecemberDeparture point:
to be agreed
Starting from €148,00 per person (for groups of 10 people - escort included).
In case the number of participants is less than 10, the price per person changes as follow:
approx. 10 hours
There is no refund in case of NO-SHOW (non-attendance at the start of the tour at the time and meeting point indicated on the voucher) and / or denial of service on site; if customers are lost during the tour; in the case in which customers decide to leave the tour before the end of the service.
To make the tour, you must submit a copy of the voucher (electronic or paper).
Reservations can be made up to 72 hours before.
No penalty for cancellations up to 5 days before service date.
50% penalty for cancellations from Day 4 until 48 hours prior to service.
100% penalty for cancellations from 48 hours before the date of service or in case of no show clients.
Tickets for the museums are not refundable under any circumstances.
The museums mentioned in this tour (Uffizi and Accademia) are closed on Mondays.
Lunch in a typical restaurant in Florence €23.50 per passenger (the menu includes 3 courses, ½ litre of mineral water and ¼ litre of wine)
Ticket for the Uffizi Gallery or the Accademia Gallery €18.50 per passenger (includes skip the line entry- and visit to any exhibitions hosted by the Museum. For groups larger than 25 people on request a second guide is €150)
Guide for the whole day (for up to 7 people or more)
In exceptional cases and/or reasons of force majeure that may prevent the tour already purchased to run regularly (i.e. acts of nature, strikes, exceptional closures, serious unexpected events or health problems experienced by the person in charge with the service after which it is really impossible to find a substitute), the tour might be cancelled. The customer will be notified of this as soon as possible and will be asked to choose between postponing the tour on the first date available or receiving a prompt refund of the price paid for the tour, if the cancellation policy of the service itself allows a refund.
An extraordinary private Florence excursion to and from Livorno in one day, you will discover some of the most characteristic places of the Tuscan capital aboard a comfortable minivan, led by one of our experienced drivers.
The meeting point of the Florence tours from Livorno is the Livorno port, where you will meet your guide and you'll be ready to start this adventure: destination ... Florence!
- Once in Florence from Livorno, you will drive along the romantic Viale dei Colli, a road system built in the second half of the 19th century by the Tuscan architect Giuseppe Poggi. The Avenue - even today considered a model in the history of the development of Italian cities - offers a breath-taking view of Florence and the surrounding landscape.
Continuing with the Florence tours from Livorno, we will drive up to one of the main landmarks of Florence, Piazzale Michelangelo, where you will make your first stop. Also made by Giuseppe Poggi in 1869, it stands on a hill just south of the old town and is one of the most famous vantage points of the city skyline. Leaning out to this beautiful balcony, you can admire the Arno River and the city of Florence in all its glory.
From here you can also admire the Abbey of San Miniato al Monte, a splendid Romanesque cathedral built between the 11th and 13th centuries, characterized by green and white marble on the outside and inside by three naves with a beautiful marble floor. Behind the 'Chapel of the Crucifix' is the crypt, decorated with frescoes by Taddeo Gaddi. The monumental burial chamber houses the remains of many famous people such as, for example, the author of 'Pinocchio' Carlo Lorenzini, known by all under the name of Collodi.
- The Florence tours from Livorno continue through the streets of the Old Town – a listed UNESCO World Heritage site since 1982 - where the most important monuments of the city are located. An interesting guided tour (on the outside),will introduce you to the famous Cathedral Complex, consisting of the Cathedral with its majestic dome by Brunelleschi, the Giotto Bell Tower, considered the most beautiful in Italy, and the Baptistery of St. John, built on an octagonal base.
- A short walk through the heart of the city will take you to two the most important museums in Florence, the Uffizi Gallery and the Accademia Gallery, which you can access by skip the line (optional entrance).
The Uffizi Gallery, known and appreciated all over the world, is home to masterpieces such as 'The Spring' by Botticelli, 'Venus of Urbino' by Titian, 'The Annunciation' by Leonardo da Vinci and other valuable works of the likes of Bellini, Giotto, Mantegna and Gentile da Fabriano.
It is worth mentioning also 'The Cabinet of Drawings and Prints', one of the most important graphic exhibitions in the world. The collection, started by Cardinal de 'Medici in the mid-17th century, has been expanded over the centuries and today has more than 150,000 pieces.
The Accademia Gallery, second only to the Uffizi numbers of visitors, contains the largest collection in the world of sculptures by Michelangelo: besides the famous' David ', one can also admire 'The Prisons', the 'Pietà of Palestrina' and 'San Matteo'.
The museum also hosts some musical instruments that belonged to Stradivari, Cristofori and other famous musicians, as well as numerous religious-themed paintings made by great Florentine painters, valuable gold-ground paintings and a number of valuable Russian icons.
- After finishing the first part of this day on the Livorno Florence Italy tour (Livorno), you can have lunch in a typical Florentine trattoria in the old city and try tasty dishes and fine wines (optional booking) or opt for some other local place to eat. You will see that you will not be spoiled for choice!
- In the afternoon the Livorno Florence tour allows you free time to explore Florence or to go shopping! You can stroll through the old town until you reach Piazza della Signoria and the Ponte Vecchio - where a picture is a must - or buy some souvenirs in the many artisan shops of the old town, or simply enjoy an ice cream on the river bank!
- Our private tour visiting Florence from Livorno will end in the late afternoon with the return to Florence from Livorno port by minivan.
During our guided Livorno to Florence tour, you will discover the most beautiful and characteristic sites of the Tuscan capital, taste the dishes and have some 'free time to walk around or to go shopping!
Ask for availability by filling out the form online: we will respond to you quickly!