The product you were looking for is no longer available but we can offer you many others.
Please have a look at our products!
Private day tour from Livorno Port to Florence and Siena
Duration: approx. 10 hours
This tour was already booked by 7 people
Why choose this experience?
|1||To participate in a day tour by minivan with departure and return from the cruise port of Livorno|
|2||To visit the best of Florence and Siena in one day|
|3||To learn about the art and history of these two beautiful Tuscan cities|
Discover with toscanainside.com two of the most beautiful cities of Tuscany, starting from the port of Livorno! Our private day tour, designed for everyone, but especially for cruise passengers, allows you to visit Florence and Siena on board a comfortable minibus that, at the end of the day, will drop you off back at the starting point.
The meeting point is at the Port of Livorno: here you will be welcomed by the driver who will accompany you on this wonderful experience!
- Once in Florence, you will be driven along the Viale dei Colli, a particular tree-lined road that winds through the hills. For those not familiar, this is an important urban creation by the Tuscan architect Giuseppe Poggi in the late 19th century, when Florence was proclaimed capital of the Kingdom of Italy. You'll be enchanted by the view that you will admire on the Tuscan capital and its surrounding hills!
- After travelling along this romantic avenue, you will reach Piazza Michelangelo, your first stop. This incredible terrace, also designed by the architect Poggi and situated on a hill not far from the historic centre of Florence, is one of the most popular vantage points of the city. You will not be able to resist taking a selfie with Florence and the River Arno behind!
- From Piazza Michelangelo you can also admire the Abbey of San Miniato al Monte, a splendid example of a Florentine Romanesque style, built between the 11th and 13th centuries. The exterior facade, characterized by its green and white marble is reminiscent of the Basilica of Santa Maria Novella while the interior of the church is enriched by a beautiful 13th century marble floor.
Inside the fortified bastion of the basilica, is the of the Cemetery of the Holy Doors, where there are the remains of many famous people such as Carlo Collodi, Ciro Menotti and Amerigo Vespucci lie.
- After crossing the historic centre of Florence, that was listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1982, you will arrive in front of the Cathedral Complex where our guide will explain the history and architecture of the monuments. The Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore, in its true Gothic style, took the place of the Church of Santa Reparata, the ancient cathedral of the city, the remains of which can still be found inside the crypt. The majestic dome by Brunelleschi is the largest ever built, and internally adorned by beautiful frescoes by Giorgio Vasari. Another important work is Giotto's Bell Tower considered the most beautiful in Italy thanks to its special construction and the magnificent white, red and green marble that decorates its exterior. The last (but not least) monument in Piazza del Duomo is the Baptistery dedicated to St Giovanni , the patron saint of Florence, located opposite the cathedral and known to all for its unique octagonal base. The Baptistery has an internal coating of plates in green and white marble: a fascinating structure where history, art and faith harmoniously unite.
- After leaving the complex of the Cathedral, you will take a stroll through the streets of the historic centre of the city until you reach two museums known and appreciated all over the world: the Uffizi Gallery and the Academia Gallery. Among the places to see in Florence these are the most spectacular!
Inside the Uffizi museum , the most visited museum in Italy, there are masterpieces from the most famous masters: artists such as Botticelli, Giotto, Leonardo da Vinci, Cimabue, Caravaggio and Titian, just to name a few. The 'Cabinet of Drawings and Prints' is particularly interesting, located on the main floor of the museum: an extraordinary collection of graphic arts (with more than 150,000 works on display) that was started in the mid-17th century by Cardinal de 'Medici.
The Academia Gallery, in second place after the Uffizi ,for its numbers of visitors, is home to many sculptures by Michelangelo: besides the famous 'David' you can admire the 'Palestrina Pieta', 'The Prisons' and 'San Matteo'. Inside the museum precious musical instruments that belonged to the greatest musicians in history are on display, religious themed paintings made by great Florentine masters, precious plates with a gold background and a number of valuable Russian icons.
- By now it will be time for lunch: a typical Florentine trattoria in the historic centre of the city will be waiting to serve you tasty dishes accompanied with excellent wines (optional booking). Florence is full of restaurants and bars, and if you prefer to choose something else, the choice is yours!
- In the early afternoon you will meet your driver again who, on board the minivan, will take you to the historic centre of Siena, the beautiful medieval city known for its great historical and artistic heritage and for the performance of the famous Palio amongst its Districts in the famous Piazza del Campo. Unique for its original shell-shaped square divided into nine segments, it is the city's main square and really deserves to be seen!
The high building that stands next to the Town Hall is the Torre del Mangia. (The Eating Tower). The origin of this particular name derives from its first guardian - Giovanni di Balducci - who was very fond of the pleasures of food and often squandered his earnings at the table. That is why the nickname ‘mangiaguadagni' in its abbreviated form The Eating Tower was given to the tower of Siena.
Walking through the various districts you can buy some nice souvenirs in the many craft shops or enjoy some delicious local product or good wine in some of the impressive wine cellars.
A curiosity: by an old agreement, Piazza del Campo and the Palazzo Pubblico do not belong to any district.
If you want to make a more detailed visit of Siena, toscanainside.com can arrange (at your request), a local guide who will accompany you for a few hours to discover this beautiful city in more detail!
- The tour will end late afternoon with the return to the Port of Livorno on board the minivan.
If you disembark at the port of Livorno with your cruise ship, book online this fascinating tour with us and discover the most charming places of two pearls of Tuscany: Florence and Siena. Simply fill out the form and we will respond as soon as possible!
We suggest that you view the page for excursions from Livorno... as other interesting proposals are awaiting you!
Until 31 December 2017Departure point:
To be agreed
Starting from €166,00 per person (for groups of 10 people - escort included).
In case the number of participants is less than 10, the price per person changes as follow:
approx. 10 hours
There will be no refund in case of NO-SHOW (non-attendance at the start of the tour at the time and the meeting point indicated on the voucher) and / or rejection of the service on-site; if customers are lost during the tour; in case customers decide to leave the tour before the end of the service.
To participate in the tour, you must submit a copy of the voucher (in electronic or paper format).
Reservations can be made up to 72 working hours before the service.
No penalty for cancellations up to 5 working days before the date of service.
50% penalty for cancellations from 4 days to 48 hours prior to the service date.
100% penalty for cancellations 48 hours before the service date or in case of clients that do not show up.
Tickets for Museums are not refundable under any circumstances.
The museums mentioned in this tour (Uffizi and Academia) are closed on Mondays.
Lunch in a typical Florence restaurant € 23.50 per passenger (the menu includes 3 courses, ½ litre of mineral water and ¼ litre house wine).
Ticket for the Uffizi Gallery or the Academia Gallery(€ 18.50 - including skiptheline entrance and a visit to any exhibitions hosted by museums). For groups larger than 25 people a second guide (€150) is required.
Guide for the visit to the historic centre of Siena (maximum 3 hours), the price of which varies depending on the number of participants.
Admission to the Cathedral of Siena (€18).
In exceptional cases and/or reasons of force majeure that may prevent the tour already purchased to run regularly (i.e. acts of nature, strikes, exceptional closures, serious unexpected events or health problems experienced by the person in charge with the service after which it is really impossible to find a substitute), the tour might be cancelled. The customer will be notified of this as soon as possible and will be asked to choose between postponing the tour on the first date available or receiving a prompt refund of the price paid for the tour, if the cancellation policy of the service itself allows a refund.
Departure point map
- Select language
- Choose a date
- Input data
Please make a new search!
Private day tour from Livorno Port to Siena and San Gimignano
Duration: approx. 10 hours
- € 142.00
- Per person