Florence Walking Tour & visit to the Central Market with tastings
Duration: 1 hour and 30 minutes
This tour was already booked by 10 people
- Per person
- € 35.00
Why choose this experience?
|1||To admire some of the most famous places of Florence with an experienced local guide|
|2||To discover and visit the original Florence Market|
|3||To taste excellent dishes made with D.O.P. products|
If you want to learn about a different side to Florence, beyond the traditional tours, our ‘Florence Walking Tour & visit to the Central Market with tastings' is the best choice for you! This original food and Wine tasting itinerary in Tuscany includes a pleasant walk around the streets of Florence accompanied by an experienced local guide and a visit to the large Florence Central Market, after which you can taste the excellence of Italian D.O.P. products.
- Our walking tour starts from Piazza Santa Croce, where you will find the Basilica with the same name: known as 'Temple of Italian glories' for the number of remains of famous people kept inside, it is one of the largest Franciscan churches, as well as a spectacular example of Gothic architecture. In this square 'The Calcio Storico' is held annually, an ancient sport which, it is said, gave rise to the modern game of football.
Our guide will also introduce you to the history and curiosities of this place, and tell you about some secrets...
- After this first stage, our food and wine tasting itinerary in Florence will continue past Badia Fiorentina, one of the oldest churches in the city, that was founded in 978 by the wife of the Marquis of Tuscany. This Benedictine monastery has many quirks. Several renovations have occurred over the centuries, the most notably being the rotation of the main axis of the building.
There are many curiosities that make this place sacred: its link with some famous people such as the 'Great Baron' Hugh of Tuscany or the great poet Dante Alighieri or those related to the Tower and the Cloister of Oranges. All we can say is that Badia Fiorentina is a place to explore…
- Another stop during this original tasting tour of Florence, Italy will be at the National Bargello Museum, also located in the old city. You will only admire from the outside this palace built between the 14th and 15th centuries as entrance is not included. The guide will however, provide you with interesting explanations. The collection of Renaissance statues kept inside - works of Florentine artists like Donatello, Michelangelo, Giambologna and Ghiberti - are considered among the most important in the world.
The section dedicated to the applied arts, with an exhibition of wax, ceramics, bronzes, enamels and jewellery from the nearby Uffizi Gallery, is also considered highly important.
- A must of our new tour of tasting itinerary in the Tuscany capital is undoubtedly the Complex of the Cathedral: we are sure that you will be amazed by its architectural wonders!
Accompanied by our guide, you will admire the exterior of the Baptistery of San Giovanni, characterized by a coating of white and green marble, the beautiful bronze doors of Ghiberti and the dome with eight segments.
In front of the Baptistery there is the symbol of Florence, the Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore, designed in 1296 by Arnolfo di Cambio and enriched inside by precious sculptures, frescoes and marble floors made with the contribution of artists such as Giorgio Vasari, Paolo Uccello and Andrea del Castagno.
The dome of the Cathedral, designed by Brunelleschi and completed at the end of the 17th century, is home to the largest mural cycle of sacred subjects ever known.
You will end this exciting stop admiring the Bell Tower, a splendid example of Gothic architecture of the 14th century, created by Giotto in 1334. After his death, the realization of the work was entrusted to Andrea Pisano - who was fortunately able to maintain the original design – and completed by Francesco Talenti in 1359.
Enhanced by the exterior decorations made by Alberto Arnoldi and the many statues made by the greatest Florentine masters, Giotto's Bell Tower is considered the most beautiful in Italy.
- When you leave Piazza San Giovanni, the tour of the Florence market place gets underway with a visit to one of the most special places in Florence, the Central Market, built in 1874 with an original iron and glass architecture. In 2014 the first floor of the building was opened, where there are many craft shops and more than 500 seats to taste the delicacies produced there. The goodness and freshness of fish, breads, pastries, fruit and vegetables, sandwiches, cheese and ice cream, contribute to the rebirth of one of the most significant and vital sites of Florence.
The secret of this success? The genuineness of the products! Not only do all the operators sign a strict criteria of quality, but the dishes served are prepared using only products and ingredients from the workshops within the market itself! During the Florence Market Centrale Food tasting tour you can discover and taste the excellence of the best Italian D.O.P. products from Florence (Controlled Origin Denomination), in an environment that manages to bring together the modernity of the place with the authenticity and tradition of the dishes being offered.
Among the tasting itineraries in Italy and Florence, choose our 'Tour to the Florence market of food with tastings of typical products': you will admire the most famous places of the Tuscan capital and enjoy high quality food, a real joy for the eyes and palate!
From 1 April to 31 October 2016Departure point:
Florence, Santa Croce Square, under the Statue of Dante Alighieri
1 hour and 30 minutes
The only entrance included by tour is related to the Central Market of Florence: churches and museums mentioned will only be visited externally.
The tour does not include entrance fees to churches and museums mentioned excluding the Central Market of Florence
The tour does not include entrance to the churches and other historic buildings mentioned, with the exception of the Central Market in Florence.
There is no refund: in case of NO-SHOW (non-attendance at the start of the tour at the time and meeting point indicated on the voucher), and/or rejection of the service on site; if customers are lost during the tour; or if customers decide to leave the tour before the end of the service.
To make the tour, you must show up at the meeting point at least 15 minutes before the departure time specified, and submit a copy of the voucher (electronic or paper).
The departure is guaranteed with a minimum of 2 persons per language.
The tour is available by reservation only.
Reservations can be made up to 48 hours before the service.
In circumstances of force majeure (such as strikes, road works, bad weather, sudden shutdowns) the route may be subject of amendments. In any case, the same duration and quality of the service booked will be guaranteed. If the tour includes access to museums and places of worship, the supplier is not responsible for any delays caused by the sites included in the program of the visit.
In case of any problems on site, you can contact the emergency number listed on the voucher.
In exceptional cases and/or reasons of force majeure that may prevent the tour already purchased to run regularly (i.e. acts of nature, strikes, exceptional closures, serious unexpected events or health problems experienced by the person in charge with the service after which it is really impossible to find a substitute), the tour might be cancelled.The customer will be notified of this as soon as possible and will be asked to choose between postponing the tour on the first date available or get a prompt refund of the price paid for the tour.
Departure point map
- Select language
- Choose a date
- Input data
Please make a new search!
- Total price
- € 0.00
Guided visit: Uffizi & Accademia Galleries in just 2 hours
Duration: 2 hours
- Per person
- € 65.00