Florence... by bike!
Duration: approx. 2 hours and 30 minutes Location: Florence
This tour was already booked by 5 people
- Per person
- € 39.00
Why choose this experience?
|1||to visit Florence with an original guided tour whilst riding comfortable city bikes|
|2||to discover the Tuscan capital by bike avoiding the city traffic and visit many more places than a walking tour of the same duration|
|3||to spend some time outdoors enjoying stunning views and savour good Italian ice cream|
An original bike tour in Florence to discover the beautiful capital of the Tuscan region from a new perspective!
Visiting Florence by bicycle will prove to be one of the most enjoyable experiences of your holiday, thanks to the expert tour guide who will accompany you throughout the whole itinerary to show you monuments, places of interest and attractions encountered along the way.
The advantages of this unmissable bike tour of Florence are endless! You can visit all the areas normally accessible only on foot, including the narrow and picturesque pedestrian alleys of the historical centre; easily move listening to precise and detailed explanations about the places you find along the itinerary; admire all the main sites of the city following a sunny route for as little as two hours and a half - since moving through Firenze by bike is much faster than following regular guided walking tours... Not forgetting the fun and the chance to spend time outdoors admiring breath-taking views!
Our bicycle tours of Florence include a panoramic tour to admire the renowned sites and monuments of the Tuscan city from the outside: narrow streets, majestic architecture, pedestrian areas and places slightly outside the historic centre... A fun guided Florence bike tour easily bookable online!
By taking part in our bike tour of Florence, Italy, you will have the opportunity to cross the narrow streets of the historic centre reaching as far as the Oltrarno area, discover the most renowned areas of the city but also the less known ones to admire stunning views over the Arno river... wait and see, there are many bicycle tours of Florence available!
The itinerary includes the most important areas of the historic centre:
- The Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore, distinguished by white, green and red marble, and by the majestic Brunelleschi dome, currently the largest brick dome ever constructed.
- Piazza della Repubblica, since ancient times one of the most important squares of the Tuscan capital. During the period which saw Florence rise to be the capital of Italy, it was given the shape it currently preserves: in order to make room for large buildings and avenues, the historic thirteenth-century walls that surrounded the city were unfortunately torn down.
- Santa Maria Novella, one of the most important churches of Florence, located in the homonymous square. Masterpieces such as the Trinity by Masaccio, Giotto's Crucifix and frescoes by Ghirlandaio are safeguarded inside the Tornabuoni Chapel.
- The Pitti Palace, former home of the Grand Dukes of Tuscany, now houses important collections of sculptures, paintings, porcelain and art objects. The Ponte Vecchio is annexed to the palace and offers spectacular views over the city and the Arno river... a photo is a must!
- Piazzale degli Uffizi treasures the impressive building of the homonymous gallery commissioned by the Grand Duke Cosimo the First and completed by Giorgio Vasari, the renowned architect from Arezzo. Priceless masterpieces such as La Primavera by Botticelli, the Tondo Doni by Michelangelo and other works by great Italian artists are all preserved within the Uffizi Gallery.
- The village of San Frediano, the most famous neighbourhood of central Florence, known for the numerous craft shops and antique shops. It is precisely in this lively area of Oltrarno that you will be able to take a relaxing break and taste some homemade ice cream... we are sure that kids will not be the only ones to appreciate it!
- The Basilica of Santa Croce, a magnificent example of Italian Gothic architecture and one of the largest churches officiated by the Franciscan friars.
- Piazza della Signoria, the political centre of Florence since the fourteenth century, it houses the famous Loggia dei Lanzi: many important sculptures such as Il Ratto delle Sabine by Giambologna and the Perseus with Muduso head - a Cellini masterpiece – are kept inside.
The splendid Palazzo Vecchio, the current head office of the municipality of the city, is also in Piazza della Signoria.
There will be a number of stops along the route of the bike tour in Florence, Italy, during which our guide will keep you entertained with historical and cultural explanations, not to mention witty stories and fun facts about the capital of the Tuscan region. Easily book online our guided cycling tour of Florence: unique itineraries that cannot be missed when visiting Tuscany!
Children are also are welcome on this tour: according to their age, we will find the best solution choosing among child seats, bicycle annexes for children and cool tandems! At the time of we will ask you to specify the age and number of your children, so as to choose the means that best suits your needs. Guided tours of Florence by bike are open to all, since riding a bike does not require any special skills or physical effort.
You can visit the entire city in just two and a half hours: Bike tours in Florence town centre are a much recommended way to explore the city since they enable you to reach all areas of the city quicker than when following walking routes and without missing the more evocative and picturesque corners that cannot be reached by car... Using a bicycle to complete a cycle tour of Florence is the right option that gives you an all-rounded tour of the city, optimizing your time and with minimal physical effort!
Take part in this unprecedented guided bike tour of Florence, Italy and immerse yourself in the magic of this famous ‘pearl of the Renaissance'... get ready to see renowned sites and monuments with a new tour - fun for all ages!
All yearDeparture point:
Florence, Piazza della Repubblica (next to the Apple Store under the loggias, corner with via Pellicceria)
From 1 November to 28 February
From 1 November to 28 February
Until 28 February 2019
From 1 March 2019 to 29 February 2020
approx. 2 hours and 30 minutes
No repayment is expected in case of NO-SHOW (no show at the start of the tour to the time and the meeting point indicated on the voucher) and / or rejection of the on-site service; if customers are lost during the tour; in case customers decide to leave the tour before the end of the service.
To make the tour, you must show up at the meeting point at least 15 minutes before the departure time indicated, and submit a copy of the voucher (in electronic or paper format).
The departure is guaranteed with a minimum of 2 persons.
Reservations can be made up to 48 working hours before the service.
In case of bad weather, please go anyway to the meeting point: once you have met your guide you will decide if you want to start the bike tour and, in case of deterioration, either walk or move the tour to another day or whether to give up and get a refund equal to 50% of the cost incurred.
In case of any problems on site, you can contact the emergency number on the voucher.
; in case of heavy rain the bike tour will be replaced by a guided visit of the Santa Maria del Fiore complex (with entrance to the Brunelleschi Dome, the Giotto Bell-tower, the Baptistery of San Giovanni, the Cripta of Santa Reparata) and to the Historical Museum. Children up to 25 kg will have the possibility to take part to the tour with a specific child seat (compulsory, to be rent at the moment of the bike pick-up at the price of €5,00). Children over 25 kg who are under the age of 14 cannot take part to the bike tour.
Kids are required to use child bicycle seats, bike trailers or tandems (to be agreed during the booking).
To reserve this tour a minimum number of 2 participants is required.
In exceptional cases and/or reasons of force majeure that may prevent the tour already purchased to run regularly (i.e. acts of nature, strikes, exceptional closures, serious unexpected events or health problems experienced by the person in charge with the service after which it is really impossible to find a substitute), the tour might be cancelled. The customer will be notified of this as soon as possible and will be asked to choose between postponing the tour on the first date available or receiving a prompt refund of the price paid for the tour, if the cancellation policy of the service itself allows a refund.
1 reviews for Florence... by bike!
Write a review
Family with children
Reviewed on 20 May `17 - Booking No. 1728264
'Highly recommended biking experience'
Florence... by bike!
Very exciting biking trip. Tour guide (Martini) was very knowledgeable and extremely friendly. Went with a toddler and the tour guide (Martini) was able to recommend a suitable bicycle for same. The bicycles were good and in condition. You can learn about many spots in Florence which you can't do without a good tour guide. Definitely a must go if you are going to Florence ... Also, tour guide took us to an excellent place for home made Gelato ...
Very knowledgeable and friendly tour guide. Very scenic and picturesque bike routes.
- € 0.00
In the footsteps of the Medici family in Florence
Duration: approx. 2 hours and 30 minutes
- Per person
- € 29.00
Treasure Hunt in Florence: discover the city with plenty of fun
Duration: 2 hours
- per service
- € 156.00