The product you were looking for is no longer available but we can offer you many others.
Please have a look at our products!
Firenze Running Tour
Duration: approx. 1 hour
This tour was already booked by 7 people
Why choose this experience?
|1||To discover Florence from an unusual perspective|
|2||For the privilege of practicing sport in Florence, one of the most beautiful cities in Italy|
|3||To share your experience with other lovers of running|
Are you a lover of sport but also art? Toscanainside.com offers a sightjogging tour designed specifically for you! Our ‘Running Tour in Florence' combines your two passions and you can also visit some of the most significant places of the city! Book online: Runing in Florence has never been so easy!
If you are looking for an original idea for sport in Florence, this tour is just the thing for you! In about one hour - you can choose to do it in the morning or the evening – you will cover about 5 km in the historic centre of the city, assisted by a personal trainer who will guide you through the streets of the historic centre, providing maximum assistance.
All our coaches are graduates in 'Sport Science' and are real experts in the field, having participated in the largest marathons such as Boston, Chicago and New York.
Book our tour and discover with us the best places for running in Florence! Your running shoes and sports equipment is all you need to fully enjoy this wonderful experience.
The location of this unique sports tour in Florence is as follows:
- Departure starts at Brunelleschi's Dome, the architectural wonder overlooking the Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore. With an octagonal base and consisting of two oval calottes connected together, the Dome was created according to an innovative design, both for the particular shape and the tools used during its construction (incredibly, no scaffolding was used). The work began in 1420 and was completed 16 years later, by Filippo Brunelleschi. It is currently the largest masonry dome in the world, with an external diameter of more than 50 metres.
Curiosity: following his death, the great architect left no notes or sketches about the creation of his work which, therefore, still remains a great mystery today.
- Our sport itinerary in Florence will continue to Piazza della Signoria, the centre of political life of the city until the 14th century and the scene of important historical events such as the return of the Medici, which occurred in 1530.
Here you cannot help but admire the Loggia dei Lanzi (or the Signoria), a unique outdoor gallery built in 1376 that features three elegant arches in a Renaissance style. Inside several important works are hosted, among them namely'Il Ratto delle Sabine' (The Rape of the Sabine Women) by Giambologna and the bronze masterpiece of Cellini, 'Perseus with the Head of Medusa'.
- Running through the narrow streets of the historic centre, you will reach the Basilica in Piazza Santa Croce, one of the largest churches of the Franciscan order, also known as the 'Temple of the Italian Glories', as it contains the tombs of famous people, such as Michelangelo, Niccolò Machiavelli and Galileo Galilei.
Every summer, 'The Florence Calcio Storico' takes place in Piazza Santa Croce, a sporting event that has its roots in ancient times and is considered the forerunner of the modern game of football. This unique sport in Florence should not be missed!
- The next destination in the running tour of Florence, Italy is the historic Oltrarno district, a place where today you can feel the real atmosphere of Florence thanks to its magnificent Renaissance palaces, churches and small handicraft shops. Our running route in Florence, Italy will lead you to Piazza Santo Spirito, filled with shops, markets, artist studios, restaurants and nightclubs, and dominated by the Basilica, the last work of art that Brunelleschi created before he died.
- Before ending our running tours in Florence and going back to the starting point, we will cross Piazza della Repubblica, one of the top locations in the city since Roman times but which, unfortunately, has greatly changed in its appearance following the process of 'urban modernization' implemented in the second half of the 19th century. To make room for new buildings and wider streets, the 13th century walls that surrounded the city were torn down, as well as the clay statues that decorated the Arc of Triumph, the medieval towers and various workshops. Today, Republic Square is a meeting place often animated by street artists and home to some famous cafes that, in the past, were meeting places of famous writers and artists.
This unmissable ‘Running in Florence Tour', is an original sport itinerary in Florence. Whether you are a professional athlete, beginner or someone who loves sport, by participating in this tour you will discover the beauty of the city and the fun of running as a team in Florence, the cradle of the Renaissance. It will be your personal trainer who will decide the pace of march after checking the average level of the group.
May we remind you that the sport-tour in Florence is not recommended for people who have walking difficulties, wear pacemakers or people with specific diseases, pregnant women and the elderly.
All participants will be given a 'Enervit kit', containing an energy bar and a sports drink.
From 1 April to 30 November 2016Departure point:
Florence, Dome Square, ‘Universo Sport' Shop
8:30am Monday and Wednesday
There are no explanations during the tour
Full price: €45
(Tour is not available to persons below 14 years of age)
approx. 1 hour
There is no refund: in case of NO-SHOW (non-attendance at the start of the tour at the time and meeting point indicated on the voucher) and / or denial of service on site; if customers are lost during the tour; in the case in which customers decide to leave the tour before the end of the service.
To participate on the tour, you must show up at the meeting point at least 15 minutes before the departure time as indicated, and submit a copy of the voucher (electronic or paper form).
The departure is guaranteed with a minimum of 2 people.
The tour is available by reservation only.
Bookings can be made up to 48 working hours before the service.
In cases of force majeure (such as strikes, road works, bad weather, sudden shutdowns, ...) the route may be subject of amendments. In any case, the same duration and quality of the service booked will be guaranteed. If the tour includes access to museums and places of worship, the supplier is not responsible for any delays caused by the sites included in the program of the visit.
In case of any problems on site, you can contact the emergency number listed on the voucher.
In exceptional cases and/or reasons of force majeure that may prevent the tour already purchased to run regularly (i.e. acts of nature, strikes, exceptional closures, serious unexpected events or health problems experienced by the person in charge with the service after which it is really impossible to find a substitute), the tour might be cancelled.The customer will be notified of this as soon as possible and will be asked to choose between postponing the tour on the first date available or get a prompt refund of the price paid for the tour.
Departure point map
- Select language
- Choose a date
- Input data
Please make a new search!
- Total price
- € 0.00