Eco Tour through Florence's historic centre
Duration: approx. 1 hour and 30 minutes
This tour was already booked by 7 people
- Per person
- € 29.00
Why choose this experience?
|1||To visit the historic centre of Florence on board a comfortable electric Golf Cart|
|2||To visit the landmarks of the Tuscan capital from an original perspective|
|3||To learn about the history of the major monuments of Florence with an original and entertaining tour|
Do not miss our 'Eco tour' in Florence that will let you discover the most important monuments of the city aboard a comfortable electric golf cart!
Get to know the city from an original point of view with a guided tour that harmoniously combine culture and ecology: by using quieter, zero-impact vehicles driven by experienced drivers, you can admire the historical and artistic beauty of the Tuscan capital and walk through the streets of the historic centres without any of the limits imposed on ordinary motor vehicles.
Before setting off you will be provided with audio guides in different languages with interesting and comprehensive explanations of the attractions that you will encounter during your Florence Eco Tour. Would you like to know which attractions you will see? Here they are:
- San Firenze square: situated near Palazzo Vecchio, the square is dominated by the San Filippo Neri complex and is now the location of the headquarters of the Peruvian Consulate.
Two interesting facts: numerous archival studies revealed that young Masaccio used to work right in the shop at the corner of Via della Condotta, currently a bar. Furthermore, the ruins of the Temple of Isis, dating back to the second century, lie under the headquarters building of the former court.
- The eco green tour in Florence will continue through Piazza della Signoria, the heart of the city, reaching the busy Porcellino Market that hosts the homonym fountain. When you arrive in front of the Porcellino statue, it is considered lucky to touch the nose of the piglet that is incredibly shiny because of all the hands that have stroked it.
- After admiring Davanzati Palace, location of the Museo della Casa Fiorentina, you will come to one of the major landmarks of Florence, Piazza del Duomo, dominated by the magnificent Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore, Giotto's bell tower and the Baptistery of San Giovanni.
- After viewing the wonderful Piazza del Duomo, you can admire the Church of Santa Maria Novella, the best example of Gothic architecture in Tuscany and a treasure trove of important works such as the 'Trinity' by Masaccio, Giotto's Crocifisso and frescoes by Ghirlandaio. Staying in the historic centre of Florence, the eco city your of Florence will lead you to Piazza Ognissanti and the Ponte Santa Trinità, considered one of the most beautiful and elegant bridges in Italy.
- Palazzo Pitti is next up – an extremely important stop-over in our Eco tour of Firenze - home to major museums and art galleries - and the famous Ponte Vecchio, landmark of the city, on top of which you can see a part of the Vasari Corridor.
- Comfortably seated on board the vehicle, you will continue your Florence eco tour to the Biblioteca Nazionale Centrale, one of the most important and extensive libraries in Europe, to then head to Piazza Santa Croce, dominated by the Basilica, a high example of Gothic style, officiated by Franciscan friars. The square is also known for hosting the final stages of the traditional game of Florentine football every summer.
- The final part of our Golf Cart tours will introduce you to two other historic sights of the city: the Orsanmichele Church and the Dante’s house. The former, distinguished by 14 chapels located on the outside and constructed by masters on the same level of Brunelleschi and Donatelli, has a very particular history, having been built as a lodge for the corn market.
Not far from the church, in one of the oldest parts of Florence, is the three-storey Museum of Dante's house that marks the milestones of the life of the great poet.
Exclusive novelty: the Grand Tour is now finally available, with a further stop at Piazzale Michelangelo, where you can contemplate one of the most famous views in the world with a breath-taking view of Florence and the Arno river!
So, are you ready to learn about the wonders of Florence without sacrificing fun and above all comfort? Send us your request - also indicating a preference between Classic Tour and Grand Tour - and we will reply as soon as possible after checking the actual availability of our guides and vehicles.
Thanks to eco tourism, visiting Florence in an electric Cart Electric will be an unforgettable adventure!
Until 31 march 2017, exept for 25 December, 1st and 6th JanuaryDeparture point:
Piazza San Firenze, at the stairs of San Filippo Neri church (former city court)
9.45 a.m., 11.30 a.m., 1.15 p.m., 3.00 p.m., 4.45 p.m.
approx. 1 hour and 30 minutes
The tour will also take place in bad weather. It is reccomended to dress appropriately.
No refund is expected in case of NO-SHOW (no show at the start of the tour at the time and the meeting point indicated on the voucher) and / or rejection of the on-site service; if customers get lost during the tour; in case customers decide to leave the tour before the end of the service.
To make it on time for the tour you must show up at the meeting point at least 15 minutes before the indicated departure time and submit a copy of the voucher (in electronic or paper format).
Reservations can be made up to 72 working hours before the service.
In cases of force majeure (such as strikes, road works, unexpected closures, ...) the route may be subjected to amendments. In any case, the same duration and quality of service booked will be guaranteed. If the tour includes access to museums and places of worship, the supplier is not responsible for any delays caused by the sites included in the tour program.
In case of any problems on site, you can contact the emergency number indicated on the voucher.
In exceptional cases and/or reasons of force majeure that may prevent the tour already purchased to run regularly (i.e. acts of nature, strikes, exceptional closures, serious unexpected events or health problems experienced by the person in charge with the service after which it is really impossible to find a substitute), the tour might be cancelled.The customer will be notified of this as soon as possible and will be asked to choose between postponing the tour on the first date available or get a prompt refund of the price paid for the tour.
Departure point map
- Select language
- Choose a date
- Input data
Please make a new search!
Best of Florence: Accademia, Uffizi and the historical centre
Duration: approx. 4 hours and 45 minutes
- Per person
- € 79.00
Dan Brown's Inferno Tour in Florence
Duration: approx. 3 hours
- Per person
- € 69.00