LIVORNO CITYSIGHTSEEING Hop on - Hop off
Livorno City Sightseeing will take you to discover this beautiful city on board its vibrant and modern red buses in LIvorno! Get to know the culture, history, art and the traditions of the pearl of the Tyrrhenian Sea, a fascinating town with a past rich in history and founded on an eclectic mix of cultures.
Livorno City Sightseeing 24 hours
The Ticket City Sightseeing Livorno 24 hours is valid only on the Livorno City Sightseeing buses and allows unlimited rides for 24 hours, during the operating hours of the service. The line covers the entire historical centre and stops near the main points of interest.
REDUCED TICKET for children from 5 to 15 years.
FREE for children up to 4 years.
The Hop on Hop off bus in Livorno and the City Sightseeing Livorno buses will allow you to enjoy the Livorno city sights and take you to places of interest: its digital audio guide and commentary in 5 languages (Italian, English, French, German and Spanish) aboard the Livorno red bus, will highlight the most interesting places, anecdotes, curiosities, legends and traditions, thus allowing a knowledge of the Livorno city sights at 360°!
The classic formula of the 24hour ticket allows you in one day in Livorno to visit the Livorno city sights and organize your own tour!
The Livorno Hop on Hop off bus follows a really interesting route, from the Venice district to the Aquarius one, the Mediterranean Natural History Museum to the Central Market, passing the Sanctuario of Montenero Livorno where you can make use of the free cable car that will take you into the heart of the eponymous monastery.
Choose how you would like to visit Livorno with the open bus tour! Thanks to the City Sightseeing tours in Livorno, Italy with the Livorno Hop on Hop off bus, you can get on and off at the next bus stop at the places you intend to visit or experience the city from the Livorno open bus tour, perhaps under the sun or with the wind through your hair!
THE STOPS OF BUS SIGHTSSEEING CITY OF LIVORNO
The Lines of the City Sightseeing- Livorno bus are designed for those who want to visit the city independently so you can hop on and hop off in total freedom and decide what to see in Livorno in one day, both for those who opt to enjoy the entire city tour or stay on board the bus.
- City Sightseeing in Livorno starts from the bus station located near PIAZZA GRANDE: situated in the city centre, it is home to important buildings such as the cathedral dedicated to St. Francesco and the Palazzo Grande, once a renowned theatre and now hosuing a multiplex cinema.
Before World War II, the square was even larger and impressive than it is today: as a result of the serious damage caused by the bombing it was rebuilt but lost part of its expanse. As during the time of the Maritime Republics, Piazza Grande is today the administrative and political heart of Livorno.
- The Livorno bus tour then stops in the charming VENICE DISTRICT, so named because of its similarities to the beautiful capital of Veneto. Featuring the Medicei Canals, bridges, churches dating back to the 1600 and 1700s and elegant buildings, the district every summer hosts the great 'Venice Effect event, during which the streets come alive with music, stalls, cultural events and outdoor performances.
- The City of Livorno bus tour then continues its run on the waterfront along the magnificent MASCAGNI TERRACE, known throughout the world for its distinctive checked floor, from where you can enjoy a magnificent view of the of the Tuscan Archipelago islands.
In the same area lies another attraction that should not be missed, especially for the younger ones: the AQUARIUM, one of the largest in Italy and recently renovated, it offers a fun journey to discover the inhabitants of the Mediterranean such as jellyfish, turtles and even sharks!
- Continuing with the Livorno bus tour along the waterfront of Livorno, after passing through the Barrriera Margherita (originally a duty barrier, then the terminus of the Tirrenia-Pisa-Livorno railway), the next stop is BARACCHINA ROSSA! Built in 1987, this particular building has since then hosted a stylish café which over the years, has become a true and proper institution for Livorno.
- The next stop situated in the historic village of Montenero, is one of the most popular of the City Sightseeing in Livorno: from here in fact, with the long-running cable car built in 1908 and today the only in the world to operate in a completely ecological way, you can reach the SANTUARIO DI MONTENERO, a mystical and fascinating destination of pilgrimages and religious trips. The Sanctuary of the Madonna delle Grazie, built in the 1300s, is home to one of the most important testimonies of graces received in Italy, as well as altars dating back to the'1600s, frescoes and a painting dating to 1345 attributed to Gera from the Pisana school.
Access to the cable car to the sanctuary is free for valid ticket holders of City Sightseeing Livorno Bus Tour.
- After Montenero stop, the bus returns to the historical centre of Livorno, with stops near three major museums that you should visit: the first, in order of route, is the CIVICO GIOVANNI FATTORI MUSEUM: housed over three floors in the Mambelli historic Villa, it contains 136 works by famous Italian painters created between 1800 and 1900.
The second is the NATURAL HISTORY MUSEUM OF THE MEDITERRANEAN in Villa Henderson, a complex exhibition divided into three sections: botanical, anthropological and livestock collections. The part most charming part is the 'Sea Room' where you can admire a splendid reconstruction of the Mediterranean seabed, a rich documentation on marine fauna and a skeleton of whale nearly 20 metres long that was found in Piombino in 1990.
The third museum that you can visit on the Livorno Sightseeing tours is the BIRTHPLACE OF AMEDEO MODIGLIANI located on the main floor of a refined building once inhabited by the Livornese Jewish bourgeoisie. Photos, letters, reproductions and other valuable documents will make you retrace the life, professional and private life of the great painter who became famous all over the world.
- Not only culture is important, but also the folklore, local food and wine! For this reason, the Livorno Sightseeing red bus, will stop at the CENTRAL COVERED MARKET. Its iron and glass roof is considered the largest in Europe: built in the second half of the 19th century – it is a fine example of Art Nouveau style . Inside you can find many typical products of the Livorno tradition, fruit stalls, vegetables, fish, breads and much more.
- The last stop of the City Sightseeing Livorno Bus is adjacent to Republic Square: from here you can easily reach NEW FORTRESS, a military construction dating back to the 16th century surrounded by the water of the Medici canals: inside there is a large green space with a playground, a true oasis of peace amid the city traffic.
The Livorno open bus tour is the most convenient and fun way to visit the city! Buying tickets online is simple: just choose the date in which you intend to use the service and follow the payment process, after which you can download and present the paper voucher to the staff on board the bus . And remember that for the whole day of validity of the ticket you can hop on and hop off the bus in Livorno in total freedom!
And if you get a little 'free time, you could also discover the most beautiful cities of Tuscany with our excursions from Livorno-Port: Florence, Pisa, Siena and San Gimignano are waiting for you!