The Village of Santa Claus in Chianciano Terme 2019
The magical Christmas tale turns into reality in Tuscany
From 23 December 2019 to 06 January 2020
- Bookable services
- Tours & Activities
Are you ready to live a magical experience that will make you feel like a child again? Here are some clues: the scent of freshly baked sweets and cakes, elves, reindeer, decorated fir trees, lights, Christmas balls, wooden houses, but above all... Santa Claus!
Yes, dear friends, we are talking about the Santa Claus Village in Chianciano and the Christmas Market of Chianciano Terme, two great events included in the calendar of events during Christmas in Chianciano, Tuscany.
Known throughout Italy for its thermal baths, from 23 November to 6 January 2020, Chianciano Terme will transform itself into a romantic Christmas Village, with many shows for both young and old, original scenes and lots of stalls where you will be able to buy nice gifts or taste typical products. Do not miss out on all that is going on at Christmas in Chianciano, Tuscany!
Let us have a look at the major attractions of the Paese di Babbo Natale in Chianciano Terme in 2019: given the success achieved in previous years, an ice-skating rink in Chianciano has been confirmed for this year, which will be placed in the centre of the main city square, Piazza Italia. Adults and children alike can try their hand at this fun sport bringing their own skate or hiring them on site.
If you want to visit the old town of Chianciano without getting tired at the end of it, take the 'H-Express', the fun-filled tourist train that will transport you across the village in comfort! Indeed some of the events take place right in the historical centre: street artists performances, gospel choirs and amusing puppet shows. The train is embellished with typical Christmas decorations, and will recreate the fantastic atmosphere of 'Polar Express', the famous animated film directed by Robert Zemeckis and masterfully acted by Tom Hanks. Come on board, the Polar Express of Chianciano awaits you!
And now, we come to the highlight of the event: fanfare and drum roll. Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, here it comes ... the House of Santa Claus of Chianciano! In Chianciano, 2019, in the Acqua Santa Park, the home of Santa Claus will be set up which will offer, both adults and children, an enchanted experience with elves intended on wrapping gifts and sweet reindeers just waiting for you to pamper them!
Are you ready to visit the most beautiful Village of Santa Claus in Italy and in its magical Christmas atmosphere? It has all the makings of a great event... so read on!
- The Magical Trail at the Acqua Sansta Park: Children can experience 90 unforgettable minutes within the most incredible of magic schools! In fact, they will have to face tests, fight duels, learn spells and acquire through lessons everything they need for the final battle, the one that will help them find the magic of Christmas.
- Christmas Alley: in the various shops, as well as building their own personalized magic wand, children will be able to buy lots of other magical items.
- The Ice Kingdom: in Piazza Italia you can meet Elsa, Anna and their snowman friend. Children can meet their darlings, have a picture taken with them on the ice throne and also make crafts to take home.
- Ancient village of Chianciano: after the activities in the spa park, children, but also adults, can enjoy a nice ride on the ‘H-Express’ train which will take them to the oldest part of the village where they will finally be able to meet Santa Claus. His sledge will be at the entrance of Chianciano, ready to set off on the night of Christmas.
- The Post Office: assisted by the elves, children will write the traditional letter to Santa Claus, and rest assured it will be delivered to the right person!
- House of Santa Claus: here the little ones will finally be able to meet the great old man, the bravest ones daring to sit on his knees and whisper their requests and wishes to his ears. But it doesn't end here! In exchange for the their adventurous ‘feats’ in the realm of magic, they will receive the certificate of ‘princess’ or ‘knight’ of Christmas.
In the outer zone of the building, instead the traditional Market of Christmas in Chianciano, will take place where you can pick among the stalls of objects, crafts, bags, clothes and local products.
There will also be a large 'food' area’, with some typical wooden houses ready to satisfy all tastes: pizza, sandwiches, crepes, burgers with Chianina meats, cold cuts, soups and many other delicacies!
In order to promote the local economy, a covered area where some local producers will offer a tasting of their products, to raise awareness and promote the culinary delights of this land will also be featured.
During Christmas 2019 in Chianciano, the village of Santa Claus, Italy has some big surprises for you! A treat of Chianciano 2019 will fascinate the little ones and will bring the adults back to their childhood: it’s the exhibition ‘(don’t) play-mobile (but) play’ where visitors can admire an enchanted world build in the tiniest details and inhabited by the little men. The Village of Santa Claus programme includes many events that will make everyone happy: concerts, shows, themed dinners, tastings and workshops. In short, you cannot miss the fantastic Santa Claus village in Chianciano!
Not far from the Acquasanta Park, you will find the Chianciano Grand Hotel, with more beautiful attractions for you: the big Advent Calendar set on the main façade, one of the traditional Tuscany Christmas markets, entertainment for the little ones and the Luna park of Chianciano with many rides to entertain your children. What’s more, near the Acqua Santa Park, you will find ‘Indianapark’, an adventure park where even the liveliest and most daring children will be put to the test!
You should know by now that Chianciano Christmas 2019 is an event not to be missed! The tickets of Santa Claus village in Chianciano can be purchased directly on site at the counters during the event.
This is the rich village of Santa Claus programme 2019: from 23 November to 6 December 2020 get ready to be captivated by the magical atmosphere of the Santa Claus village of Chianciano Terme…it will be nice to be a child again and share with your children this fantastic adventure!
'Christmas is coming, if you look for it, it is already in the kitchen,
on the couch, in your bed, and also inside the cabinet.
Christmas is approaching, it is in the attic and cellar
and bringing sweet sounds makes all children good '[A. Silvestre]
Ticket prices, schedules and additional information on the website: www.paesedibabbonatale.it
Period: From 23 December 2019 to 06 January 2020
Event location: Chianciano Terme
Contacts: ticket prices, schedules and info on the website www.paesedibabbonatale.it