264 Events in archive
The Village of Santa Claus in Chianciano Terme
The magical Christmas tale turns into reality in Tuscany
From 24 December 2018 to 06 January 2019
- Bookable services
- Transfer Tours & Activities
Are you ready to live a magical experience that will make you feel like a child again? Here are some clues: the scent of freshly baked sweets and cakes, elves, reindeer, decorated fir trees, lights, Christmas balls, wooden houses, but above all... Santa Claus!
Yes, dear friends, we are talking about the Santa Claus Village in Chianciano and the Christmas Market of Chianciano Terme, two great events included in the calendar of events during Christmas in Chianciano, Tuscany.
Known throughout Italy for its thermal baths, from 24th November to 6th January 2019, Chianciano Terme will transform itself in a romantic Christmas Village, with many shows for both young and old, original scenes and lots of stalls where you will be able to buy nice gifts or taste typical products. Do not miss out on all that is going on at Christmas in Chianciano, Tuscany!
Let us have a look at the major attractions of the Paese di Babbo Natale in Chianciano Terme in 2018: given the success achieved in previous years, an ice-skating rink in Chianciano has been confirmed for this year, which will be placed in the centre of the main city square, Piazza Italia. Adults and children alike can try their hand at this fun sport bringing their own skate or hiring them on site.
If you want to visit the old town of Chianciano without getting tired at the end of it, take the 'Termalino', the fun-filled tourist train that will transport you across the village in comfort! Indeed some of the events take place right in the historical centre: street artists performances, gospel choirs and amusing puppet shows. The train is embellished with typical Christmas decorations, and will recreate the fantastic atmosphere of 'Polar Express', the famous animated film directed by Robert Zemeckis and masterfully acted by Tom Hanks. Come on board, the Polar Express of Chianciano awaits you!
And now, we come to the highlight of the event: fanfare and drum roll .. Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, here it comes ... the House of Santa Claus! In Chianciano, 2018, in the Acqua Santa Park, the home of Santa Claus will be set up which will offer, both adults and children, an enchanted experience with elves intended on wrapping gifts and sweet reindeers just waiting for you to pamper them!
Are you ready to visit the most beautiful Village of Santa Claus in Italy and in its magical Christmas atmosphere? It has all the makings of a great event... so read on!
- The magic tunnel: the great passage that divides the real world from the fantastic Christmas world. But beware, only those capable of dreaming can walk through it...
- Kids face painting: To enter the house of Santa Claus in Chianciano you have to look the part, don’t you agree? Thanks to the skills of the face-painting elves, young and old alike will get the perfect Christmas look!
- The Toys Factory: are you curious to discover how the toys that each year Santa Claus gives children around the world are made? The Elf toymaster will explain everything to you!
- The House of the elves: do you wish to find out where the hardworking elves leave and sleep? They actually sleep altogether in the tiny house in many bunk beds.
- The wish tree: in a kind of cave you’ll see the marvellous Christmas Tree and an enchanting nativity scene…two essential ingredients of the magic of Christmas time.
- The Frozen Castle: are you ready to dive into the fantastic Ice Kingdom and meet Elsa and Anna?
- The magical Path: along this route you’ll meet important characters like the nutcrackers soldiers, Sata Klaus’ reindeers and you’ll see also the Father Christmas flying sleigh.
- Santa Claus Hut: Welcome to the magical Santa Claus house, strictly built with the wood of the forests of the Land of Elves. Inside you will find the letterbox for you to post your own letter! You will also be able to get to know Santa Claus personal cook who will unveil the tasty dishes she cooks for him! You will also meet the main protagonist, Santa Claus, and sit on his knees to have a photo taken and tell him about your secret dreams.
In the outer zone of the building, instead the traditional Market of Christmas in Chianciano, will take place where you can pick among the stalls of objects, crafts, bags, clothes and local products.
There will also be a large 'food' area’, with some typical wooden houses ready to satisfy all tastes: pizza, sandwiches, crepes, burgers with Chianina meats, cold cuts, soups and many other delicacies!
In order to promote the local economy, a covered area where some local producers will offer a tasting of their products, to raise awareness and promote the culinary delights of this land will also be featured.
During Christmas 2018 in Chianciano, the village of Santa Claus, Italy has some big surprises for you! First of all among the scheduled shows there will also those ones performed by the double of some characters loved by kids: the funny Mr Bean, the pirate of the Caribbean Jack Sparrow and the incredible Edward Scissor hands. Moreover, On the 9th of December, the Palamontepaschi will host the show of the fashion Magghie and Bianca loved by older boys and girls. An other treat of Chianciano 2018 will fascinate the little ones and will bring the adults back to their childhood: it’s the exhibition ‘(don’t) play-mobile (but) play where visitors can admire an enchanted world build in the tiniest details and inhabited by the little men. In short, you cannot miss the fantastic Santa Claus village in Chianciano!
Not far from the Acquasanta Park, you will find the Chianciano Grand Hotel, with more beautiful attractions for you: the big Advent Calendar set on the main façade, one of the traditional Tuscany Christmas markets, entertainment for the little ones and the Luna park of Chianciano with many rides to entertain your children.
You should know by now that Chianciano Christmas 2018 is an event not to be missed! The tickets of Santa Claus village in Chianciano can be purchased directly on site at the counters during the event.
This is the rich village of Santa Claus programme 2018: from 24th November to 6th December 2018 get ready to be captivated by the magical atmosphere of the Santa Claus village of Chianciano Terme…it will be nice to be a child again and share with your children this fantastic adventure!
'Christmas is coming, if you look for it, it is already in the kitchen, on the couch, in your bed, and also inside the cabinet.
Christmas is approaching, it is in the attic and cellar
and bringing sweet sounds makes all children good ' [A. Silvestre]
Period: From 24 December 2018 to 06 January 2019
Event location: Chianciano Terme
Contacts: ticket prices, schedules and info on the website www.paesedibabbonatale.it
Need help choosing
Tours & Activities
Pienza and Montepulciano from Siena: a small-group tour with lunch and tasting of traditional produce
Duration: approx. 8 hours