Taste Florence 2019
More than 390 exhibitors, food tastings and talks for an incredible journey around taste
From 09 March 2019 to 11 March 2019
- Bookable services
From 9 to 11 March, 'Taste' festival is back in Florence, the most important enogastromic event in the city that takes place every year at the Stazione Leopolda. Dear food lovers, start planning to spend a few days in Florence in March, as this is your opportunity. Here you will find, in fact, the latest trends of the culinary scene, be able to buy and discover new ingredients, indulge in tantalizing tastings, get the latest 'tools of the trade' and also take part in lectures and talks on the hottest topics related to the contemporary cuisine. All this is taking place at Stazione Leopolda in Florence, a truly fantastic location: it is a real railway station built between 1841 and 1848 at the behest of Grand Duke Leopold II, and after having served different purposes, it has in recent years become one of the locations for the most important events in the city. In addition to Taste Florence, which is probably the most famous, there are many other events such as Fabbrica Europa, for example.
It is a particularly evocative building full of charm that adds an extra touch to this incredible Florence food festival. During the three days of the event, the Leopolda Station in Florence becomes a true cathedral of taste, to be discovered in every corner! What’s more, it is very easy to reach it because it is very close to the historical center: it is, for example, only one km from Santa Maria Novella train station, therefore only 5 minutes on foot. If you do not want to walk, it is also well connected by public transport and, of course, taxis! The Taste fair in Florence is open all day, but mornings are reserved to business operators, from 14:30 gates are open for the general public as well. In both cases, Taste Florence tickets can be easily purchased online on the official website of the event. Well, after all the logistic details, so to speak, we are going to tell how the event unfolds.
Designed by Pitti Immagine, actually Pitti Taste to be precise, the festival is this year in its 14th edition. Participating in this event means embarking on a true journey through the excellences of taste. The destination of Florence Taste 2019 is 'Planet Bread' which will be the theme of this edition. What could be more inviting and tastier than freshly baked bread? Its fragrant scent will be the guiding thread of the event, a fragrance that will accompany you in to the workshops of master bakers, the kitchens of starred chefs as well as into the more traditional bakeries but also the trendiest ones. Are you feeling mouth-watering? Well we can aptly say that at the Stazione Leopolda in Florence you will find what you are looking for! Filoncini, baguette and rolls will be baked several times during the day and you can be sure that you will also find many other delicacies to accompany the bread. In fact, over 380 exhibitors will present the best from the contemporary food and wine scene as well as many objects designed for food and kitchen, tastings events unfolding throughout the city, conferences and talks. Here are all the details of the Fuoriditaste program 2019.
- TASTE TOUR: it is a real journey of tasting of different food products where the common denominator for all of them is quality and excellence. The event, which is undoubtedly one of the most important Florence food and wine events, will see the participation of almost 390 businesses from all over Italy. Whether you are an industry professional or simply an aficionado or a food lover, you will find the most traditional delicacies but also many new ideas and inspiration for your recipes.
- TASTE TOOL: How many times, while looking at the countless cooking programs that TV listings are packed with, have you seen very useful tools being used which you did not even know existed? I know, nobody can resist a tool to make courgette spaghetti, a wonderful cake design kit or a fantastic food mixer. At Taste of Florence 2019 you will find a selection of brands that offer all the 'tools of the trade' and also food and kitchen design objects as well as cooking clothing.
- TASTE SHOP: after your passionate journey around what is showcased by the Taste Florence exhibitors, you will finally be able to dedicate yourself to a bit of shopping for the products that you will have seen during the tasting tour. Just to give you an idea, you should know that the 2018 edition of the Florence food festival presented 2180 products, 43,000 catalogue pieces with more than 20,000 items being sold!
- TASTE RING: as the name of this section suggests, taste ring is dedicated to debating with varying level of heated argumentations - but surely with fistfights never an option - on the hottest and most controversial topics related to food. It is a real cultural-gastronomic arena that will be housed in a special space of the Opera Theater of Florence. Want to hear some examples? The well-known Florentine chef Fabio Picchi will join the talk on the 'return to the trattoria' while Nicola Giuntini and Davide Longoni, two expert bakers, will hold debates with a member of the Georgofili Academy on the 'geography of bread'.
- FUORI DI TASTE: this is the so-called 'outside program' of Taste Pitti which, at each edition, lights up the most beautiful and fascinating corners of the city with many engaging events such as dinners, tastings, installations, talks and many convivial ways of interpreting taste. For the Fuoriditaste program visit the official website of the event where you will find all the details and latest news.
Now that you know everything about this Florence food festival in 2019 you just have to get planning to spend a lovely spring weekend in Tuscany. So do not waste time and buy as soon as possible your Taste Florence tickets, the food festival full of wonders! There are many planned events but with the pleasant temperatures usually recorded in Florence in March we are sure you will want to spend time in the open air too. How about trying one of our tours in Florence, there is something for everybody: from the very traditional to the very original ones in the section on 'unusual Florence'.
TASTE 2019 Stazione Leopolda Florence
Locatione: Florence - Viale Fratelli Rosseli, 5
Date: from 9 to 11 March 2019
Times: 9 and 10 March: from 9:00 to 14:30 business only, from 14:30 to 19:30 general public
11 March: from 9:00 to 16:30 business and general public.
Period: From 09 March 2019 to 11 March 2019
Event location: Florence
Contacts: ticket, info and program www.pittimmagine.com/en/corporate/fairs/taste.html
Need help choosing
Florence: Leonardo’s Botany: a vision of science bridging Art and Nature.
From 13 September 2019 to 15 December 2019
Florence: Markets and Santa Claus villages all over Tuscany 2019
From 16 November 2019 to 06 January 2020
Florence: Christmas and New Year 2019-2020
From 08 December 2019 to 06 January 2020
Florence: Natalia Goncharova. A woman of the Avant-garde with Gauguin, Matisse and Picasso.
From 03 October 2019 to 19 January 2020