Puccini Festival 2016 Torre del Lago
15 Jul - 13 Aug 2016 In the romantic location of Torre del Lago, 14 events of opera, dance and art dedicated to Giacome Puccini, are waiting for you! Don't miss them!
From 15 July 2016 to 13 August 2016
In the beautiful surroundings of Torre del Lago, one of the most anticipated events dedicated to opera in Italy is back: from 15 July to 13 August, do not miss the Puccini Festival 2016 ... tickets are already for sale!
Founded in 1930, the music festival - the only one entirely dedicated to the great Tuscan composer - has become over the years one of the most acclaimed events by classical music lovers who every year come from all over Italy to enjoy the enchanting view of the Teatro Quattromila in Torre Lago on Lake Massaciuccoli.
In addition to the classic Tosca, La Boheme, Turandot and Madama Butterfly, the Festival Pucciniano 2016 will stage for the first time ever Busoni's Turandot: the Empoli's hailed composer is presenting the famous opera by Puccini in a far more imaginative and ironic way... a remarkable representation that has definitely left a mark in his extensive artistic production.
TORRE DEL LAGO FESTIVAL 2016 - FESTIVAL PUCCINI PROGRAM 2016
- The curtains of the classical music festival will rise on Friday, July 15 with TOSCA, opera in three acts, which includes some of the most popular tunes in the world and that will be repeated on 6 and 11 August. At the Puccini Festival 2016, the opera - proposed with a traditional set-up - sees the debut as a director of the undisputed protagonist of Italian comedy: Enrico Vanzina.
Directed by the expert baton of Alberti Veronesi first and then Lorenzo Castriota Skanderbeg, we will see a cast of all respect. The main role of the singer Floria Tosca has been entrusted to the Chinese soprano Hui He and the Greek soprano Dimitra Theodossiou, while tenors Jorge De Leon and Alexander Goldoni will assume the role of the painter Cavardossi. Baritones Carlo Guelfi and Lucio Gallo on the other hand will take turns interpreting the role of Scarpia.
We advise you not to miss this edition of Tosca at the Puccini Festival Italy 2016!
- On 16 and 22 July (with a repeat performance on August 5) THE BOHÈME, one of Puccini's masterpieces, will be staged by the lake. With scenes edited by Lucciano Ricceri and directed by the great Italian cinema director Ettore Scola (who died recently), the dramatic and poignant story of Mimì will this year again excite the audience.
The protagonist's role will be entrusted to sopranos Fiorenza Cedolins and Silvana Froli, tenors Leonardo Caimi and Amadi Lagha will alternate in the interpretation of Rodolfo while the part of Musetta will be entrusted to sopranos Daniela Cappiello and Elizabeth Zizzo.
Boheme at the 2016 Puccini Festival will be directed by maestros Fabio Mastrangelo and Jacopo Sipari di Pescasseroli.
- In this year's Puccini Festival Tuscany, TURANDOT will celebrate the 90th anniversary from its first staging, which occurred on April 25, 1926, two years after the Master's death and has remained in the annals of opera: in fact, on that occasion, the orchestra conductor Arturo Toscanini, after Liù's death, stopped the representation addressing the public with these words:' Here the opera ends because at this point the Maestro died '.
Turandot will be staged this year on 23 and 30 July (with a repeat performance on August 13), directed by Enrico Stinchelli, with scenes designed by Ezio Frigerio and enriched by the extraordinary outfits of the Rome costume designer Franca Squarciapino, Academy Award for Best Costume Design in 1991.
Noteworthy is the cast of the 62nd Puccini Festival 2016 Torre del Lago: Princess Turandot will be interpreted by the Slovenian soprano Rebeka Lokar, already known in opera houses around the world, and soprano Tso-Han Ying on the last date. The part of Prince Calaf will be entrusted to the Korean tenor Rudy Park, much loved by the public of Torre del Lago for his exciting interpretation of 'Nessun Dorma' (which he repeats every year for his fans) and the Tunisian tenor Amadi Lagha, while the role of slave Liù will be entrusted to Francesca Cappelletti, a debuting soprano coming from the Training Academy of Terre del Lago. On the podium, to conduct the orchestra, the young master Jacopo Sipari di Pescasseroli.
- Included amongst the events organized on the occasion of the Celebrations of 150 years of relations between Italy and Japan, MADAMA BUTTERFLY will be staged on 29th July at the P uccini Opera Festival 2016 under the careful direction of Vivien Hewitt, with scenes by the famous Japanese sculptor Kan Yasuda and costumes originally designed by Regina Schrecker.
- The baton of Eddi De Nadai will conduct Donata D'Annunzio Lombardi in the role of Cio-Cio-San and Walter Fraccaro who will play Pinkerton, replaced by Simone Di Giulio in the repeat of 10th August. Do not miss an exciting Festival Puccini Madama Butterfly!
- And here we are at the news of the programme of the Puccini Festival 2016 Italy: July 31 and August 13 at the Auditorium Caruso you will be able to watch TURANDOT by Ferruccio Busoni: represented for the first time in 1917 at the Zurich Municipal Theatre , it is considered one of the most important works of the Tuscan composer who, fascinated by Carlo Gozzi's fairy tale, turned it into an opera libretto writing it in a record time (100 days).
The protagonists of the performance will be the young artists of the II level of the Training Academy of the Puccini Festival, directed by maestro Alessandro Golinelli. The costumes will be entrusted to Cordelia von de Steinen, with the talented and internationally successful young director Beatrice Venice making her debut on the podium of the Teatro dei Quattromila.
As usual, the 62 Festival Puccini will be enriched by numerous side events with classical music concerts, dance performances, musicals and exhibitions.
From 15 July to 13 August, do not miss one of the most popular opera events: the Puccini Festival 2016 Tuscany awaits you in Torre del Lago to give you unique emotions under the stars in a fabulous location!
Period: From 15 July 2016 to 13 August 2016
Event location: Torre del Lago
Contacts: info e biglietti Festival Puccini al sito ufficiale www.puccinifestival.it
Need help choosing
Tours & Activities
Day trip to Pisa and Lucca from Florence
Duration: approx. 8 hours and 30 minutes
- Per person
- € 60.00