Lucca Summer Festival 2018
Exclusive dates in Italy, unmissable concerts under the stars of one of the most enchanting towns of Tuscany
From 23 June 2018 to 26 July 2018
From 23 June to 26 July the Lucca Summer Festival 2018 will once again enliven the summer evenings of one of the most fascinating Tuscan cities with concerts that, as in the past twenty years, will showcase the best from the national and international live music scene. Now in its 20th edition, the Lucca festival has become a real sensation among the summer events in Italy: every year, thousands of spectators from all over Italy flock to Piazza Napoleone for the Summer Festival in Lucca: an event you cannot absolutely miss and that we highly recommend!
LUCCA SUMMER FESTIVAL 2018 LINEUP
The Lucca music festival 2018 will unveil some truly sensational aces in the hole, including Roger Waters, in Lucca with a spectacular concert taking place in the evocative setting of the ancient walls. Certainly, among the summer festivals in 2018, his will be one of the most anticipated and bound to attracts a big crowd of Pink Floyd fans! Another magic trick of the Summer Festival in Lucca is surely the Gorillaz concert. Do not miss it because it will be the only Italian date of their tour. The Lucca Summer Festival 2018 calendario is packed with unique opportunities for all music lovers, so let’s cut the chatter: have a look at the Lucca Summer Festival 2018 program and plan accordingly. Don’t wait any longer as the Lucca Summer Festival tickets sell out very quickly!
- Saturday, June 23: The Queens of the Stone Age in Lucca, after their recent Grammy nomination for their latest album 'Villains', will be given the task of opening the event. Josh Homme and his companions, famous for songs such as 'Song for Deaf' and 'Clockwork' will perform with the exciting energy of their alternative rock.
- Wednesday, June 27: The Lucca concerts in 2018 will make you feel good thanks to one of the most engaging concerts of the whole program. The rapper and singer-songwriter Caparezza in Lucca will get you singing and dancing on the notes of his latest work: 'Prisoner 709'.
- Sunday, July 1: the Lucca music festival lineup in 2018 could not leave out one of the most modern and innovative rappers, highly loved by young people. Sfera Ebbasta, in Lucca is sure to attract a huge crowd of young followers! The king of Trap music boasts one million five hundred followers on Instagram while many of his songs have been at the top of Spotify downloads.
- Saturday July 7. The opportunity to attend the concert of the Holliwood Vampires in Lucca is really not to be missed. It is, in fact, a trio composed of big names such as the actor Johnny Depp, Alice Cooper, one of the Poison singers famous for his gruesome and unnerving concerts and the Aerosmith co-founder and guitarist Joe Perry. Not bad, don’t you think?
- Sunday July 8: Amongst the Lucca summer festival 2018, artists of great caliber are in plentiful supply! And when speaking of the concert of Ringo Star at the Lucca summer festival, however, we can say he is nothing less than a living legend, given that this music artist, actor and composer was one of the members of the legendary Beatles. He will perform with his All Star Band made up of great musicians like Colin Hay Grahm Goudman of the 10CC, Steve Lukather, Gregg Rolie, Warren Ham and Gregg Bissonette.
- Wednesday July 11: Roger Waters at the Lucca summer festival is certainly one of the highlights of the Lucca summer festival 21 edition. The outdoor version of the 'Us+them' live concert will feature impressive stage arrangements, striking special effects and an ultra-modern sound amplification system. The location chosen will be the area adjacent to the city walls as requested by Waters himself to create an ideal connection between the ancient walls and 'the wall' of his.
- Thursday, July 12. At the Lucca Summer Festival 2018 the programme includes another unique addition: the only Italian date of Gorillaz, the cartoon band created by the musician Damon Albarn and the cartoonist Jamie Hewlett, which, with its 'virtual' members, has climbed the charts all over the world. On the stage of the Lucca Festival 2018 they will present the tracks of their latest work 'Humanz'.
- Saturday, July 14: the trio of Max, Nek and Renga in Lucca will present a brand-new live concert with a lineup of more than 30 songs where the three artists will reinterpret their most famous songs in three voices accompanied by a nine-piece super band.
- Tuesday, July 17: Nick Cave in Lucca will perform with Bad Seeds, the band he formed in 1983. The eclectic Australian artist (songwriter, actor and arranger) is considered one of the most influential figures in contemporary music. Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds in Lucca will offer the mesmerizing mix of melodies and poetic texts we have come to expect of them.
- Wednesday, July 18: Having already performed on the stage of Piazza Napoleone, Lenny Kravitz in Lucca will not be a first amongst the concerts in Lucca in 2018. This time he will be accompanied by an exceptional 'Special Guest': the guitarist Gary Clark Jr.
- Friday, 20 July: The American songwriter and singer James Taylor in Lucca will perform in a 'double bill' together with Bonnie Raitt, his friend and colleague. Two wonderful concerts for an evening of good music.
- Sunday, July 22: on the stage of the Lucca summer festival in 2018 also one of the kings of the Italian music scene: the legendary Gianni Morandi in Lucca. His live concert dubbed 'D'amore d'autore' will feature 40 tracks that will accompany the audience on a journey through his greatest hits from the past but also the present.
- Wednesday, July 25: lovers of progressive rock will not miss the chance to attend the show of King Crimson in Lucca. The band has undoubtedly invented a new genre and will perform with a formation that includes even three drummers: good rhythm is guaranteed!
- Thursday, July 26: In Piazza Napoleone at the Lucca summer festival the concerts of the 2018 edition will end with another double show that features the bassist Marcus Miller, in Lucca for the second time, and the singer Norah Jones in Lucca to mesmerize the public with her soft atmospheres that mix jazz, country music and blues. An evening for connoisseurs!
Do you need any other names to convince you to buy the tickets for the Lucca Summer Festival? I believe that in its rich and varied program you will find what takes your fancy. So just start planning your music foray in Tuscany and book one of our hotels in Lucca. This way, during the day you can dedicate yourself to both the treasures of the city and the beaches in Versilia, instead letting it all loose during the concerts in the evening. What else could you ask for…?
Period: From 23 June 2018 to 26 July 2018
Event location: Lucca
Contacts: info & full programme on the official website www.summer-festival.com
Need help choosing
Florence: Leonardo da Vinci. Back to the origin of the Genius
From 15 April 2019 to 15 October 2019
Florence: Tony Cragg at Boboli Gardens
From 05 May 2019 to 27 October 2019
Pistoia: Porretta Express 2019
From 15 September 2019 to 27 October 2019
Florence: Sagra delle castagne di Marradi 2019
From 06 October 2019 to 27 October 2019