Lucca Summer Festival 2017
In Piazza Napoleone the most anticipated summer concerts
From 14 June 2017 to 23 September 2017
- Bookable services
Music lovers, listen up! Everything is ready for the start of one of the most anticipated events in Lucca: the Lucca Summer Festival 2017! It will alternate concerts of the most important Italian and international stars that from June 14th will create a uniquely entertaining show.
At its 20th edition, this musical kermesse has quite literally turned into a 'cult' among the summer concerts in Italy: every year thousands of spectators from all over the Italian boot flock to Piazza Napoleone for the Lucca Music Festival: an unmistakable appointment we recommend not missing!
As for the origins of the event, you must know that the first edition of the Summer Festival Lucca was held in 1998 with an exceptional guest, a great protagonist of world music, none other than... Bob Dylan! From then on it became a succession of great concerts, live performances of internationally renowned artists and bands such as Eric Clapton, Jamoroquai and James Brown and popular singers such as Fiorella Mannoia, Pino Daniele, Giorgia and Elisa, just to name a few.
Curiosity: In 2009 for the Lucca Festival in Piazza Napoleone, the members of the Dave Matthews Band performed the longest show of their career: the concert, lasted over three hours, became part of a successful record box.
LUCCA SUMMER FESTIVAL – 2017 PROGRAM
An amazing line-up for this edition of the Lucca Summer Festival: artists of international renown, unmissable duets, live music and lots of fun! Double bill is the name of the game this year: After the success achieved in the 2015 edition when Bob Dylan and Franscesco De Gregori share the stage, Lucca Festival 2017 will repeat the two-appointment performance style. But let's go in order:
- JUNE 14th. The task of inaugurating the 20th edition of the Lucca Festival goes to a group that does not need any introduction. We are talking about GREEN DAY, in Lucca especially for the occasion, after four sold-out concerts at the most important venues in Italy. Another 90's punk-rock band will share the stage with them: Rancid will return to perform in our country after 14 years. Do not miss the show of two big names in Californian punk rock: Rancid with Green Day in Lucca at the Summer Festival Lucca!
- JULY 4th. Great anticipation for a young but well-known and widely appreciated international group: IMAGINE DRAGONS, in Lucca to present their greatest achievements. They achieved success in 2012 with the album 'Night Visions' - second place on the Billboard 200 - which contains the song 'Radioactive', winner of the Grammy Awards 2014 in the 'Best Rock Performance' section. Despite its notoriety, the group continues to offer bold but genuine music: do not miss Imagine Dragons live in Italy at Lucca in the beautiful main square.
- JULY 8th. An unforgettable night of black music with two internationally renowned artists who have harmoniously blended different genres such as R'n'B, Hip Hop and Soul: Miss LAURYN HILL and KAMASI WASHINGTON, special guests of the evening. Lauryn Hill, an unforgettable Fugees voice, became a real icon thanks to her debut album 'The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill', released in 1998 and winner of five Grammy Awards.Kamasi Washington will perform with her on stage: a talented saxophonist, composer and arranger from the United States who boasts collaborations with artists such as Snoop Dogg, and in 2015 he produced his first solo album 'Epic'. If you are a lover of soul, jazz and R&B, don’t miss the joint concert of Lauryn Hill and Kamasi Washington at the Festival in Lucca.
- JULY 9th. A pearl of the Lucca Summer Festival 2017 line-up: ENNIO MORRICONE’s concert. After Rome and Verona, the extraordinary composer chose the stage of Lucca as the third (and last) stage of his "The 60 Years of Music World Tour" that will see him direct his most famous soundtracks as well as Dulces Pontes, legend of Portuguese fado. In addition to winning countless awards during his career, Morricone was awarded various prizes for the soundtrack of ‘The Hateful Eight’, the latest film by Quentin Tarantino: BAFTA, Oscar, Golden Globe and the New York Film Critics Association Award. Among the 500 compositions of Ennio Morricone for movies there are the soundtracks of 'For a Fistful of Dollars', ‘Once upon a time In America', ‘Mission’, 'The Untouchables' and 'The Good, the Bad and the Ugly’, the latter being second in the best soundtracks in the history of cinema.
- JULY 11th. Two eccentric artists, two unmistakable voices: RAG'N BONE MAN and LP at the Lucca Summer Music Festival 2017 will create a unique evening. LP, née Laura Pergolizzi, conquered big audiences with 'Lost on you': her piece received 27.5 million views on YouTube, while the album of the same name won a gold record award. A boyish look, a ukulele in her hands and a poignant voice, LP is the author of texts that are real works of poetry: after collaborating with artists such as Rihanna and Christina Aguilera, she started her solo career gaining great success all over the world. Next up, in a separate section, Rag'n Bone Man will take centre stage, the British songwriter with a powerful blues voice who quickly climbed the international charts with his single 'Human', winner of the Brit's Critics Choice Award and countless prizes linked to its rocket-fast sales. The LP Lucca Summer Festival concert and the following concert by Rag'n Bone Man: do not miss the live performance of two of the most important artists of the year who will entertain the audience of the Lucca Music Festival 2017... tickets are selling like hot cakes!
- JULY 16th. So many surprises among the Lucca concerts 2017: music by ERYKAH BADU and MARY J. BLIGE, two RnB queens who for the first time will share the same stage and create a long night of black music. Erykah Badu, over the arch of his 20 year-long career, has cleverly intertwined traditional black music with dub and psychedelic sounds, thus becoming one of the most significant black artists in the history of music. Mary J. Blige is no exception: eight multi-platinum albums, nine Grammy Awards, five American Music Awards and a nomination for the Golden Globe 2012, on this occasion she will play her thirteenth album 'Strength of a woman', in addition to her greatest successes. Let Erykah Badu and Mary J. Blige’s music carry you away at Lucca 2017!
- JULY 13th. Are you ready to dance and sing at the top of your lungs? In the Lucca summer festival 2017 program there are the names of J-AX and FEDEZ! Lucca was chosen by the two artists to present their new discographic project ‘Comunisti col Rolex', as well as their greatest hits. The album, released in January, has already won the platinum record award and was the most popular album on Spotify on the day of its release.
- JULY 15th. In the midst of the event, a world-renowned artist could not be missing: ladies and gentlemen, we are pleased to present Mr. ROBBIE WILLIAMS, in the Lucca Music Festival lineup! After recently winning the BRITS ICON Awards, the British artist will perform on this stage before embarking on his new and much-awaited European tour. Winner of countless awards and prizes, Robbie Williams will return to Lucca Festival after two years: in 2015, his concert – entirely sold out - attracted fans from all over the world. For this edition, the British historical duo Erasure will open his concert, ready to celebrate the 30th anniversary of their career.
- JULY 21st. Welcome to the 'Magic Night' of IL VOLO! Lucca will host the three young tenors as part of their world tour that started in March at the Radio City Music Hall in New York and will arrive in Europe from April 21st. The new album 'Notte Magica - A Tribute to the Three Tenors', with the collaboration of the great Placido Domingo, has won the platinum record award, proof of the fact that their repertoire is not aimed solely for a niche audience... not by chance, in all these years, Il Volo has animated crowds from all around the world and of all ages!
- JULY 22nd. Hip Hop Music, Innovative videos and exciting live music: MACKLEMORE & RYAN LEWIS, on tour at Lucca Summer Festival for their only Italian date, will animate the entire crowd with their live! Rapper Ben Haggerty and the dj and beatmaker Ryan Lewis first met each other in 2006: two years later they started working together and shortly after became one of the most appreciated artists in the international hip hop scene. The duo boasts several awards such as four Grammy Awards in 2014, two MTV Music Awards in 2013. Their last world tour touched 70 cities and their concerts were always sold out.
- JULY 23rd. Yet another pearl of this edition of the Festival: the KASABIAN, the British group that with its electronic rock climbed the charts all over the world since their debut in 2014. They will return to thrill fans across Europe with a new tour that will be released after three years from the release of their album '48.13' that celebrated their 10-year long career and that placed them among the best artists in the British rock scene. Check out this date, finally, the KASABIAN in Italy!
- JULY 31st. To close the Tuscan kermesse, another appointment will enrich the already succulent program of the Lucca Summer Festival Tuscany: PET SHOP BOYS will return to perform on the major European stages after the incredible success of the first part of last year’s Super World Tour. Since the beginning of their career - started 30 years ago – they have been considered true innovators of modern live music, incorporating theatrical and multimedia elements into their performances. Even on this occasion, surprises will abound, accompanying their most famous hits with extraordinary choreographies, laser lights, visual effects and movies. Lots of fun for everyone!
But that’s not it! There is another great collateral event scheduled on September 23rd in Lucca. Are you ready? ROLLING STONES in concert! Yes, you have understood well... the British band chose much-loved Tuscany as a location for a concert that will delight their fans and celebrate the 20 years of the Lucca Summer Festival. An event even more exciting because of its location, the Medieval city walls, an unmistakable symbol of the city. Do not miss the Rolling Stones in Lucca, the band that made the history of music.
From June 14th to September 23rd, do not miss the 2017 Lucca Summer Festival: dates with international singers and musicians will give you many unforgettable evenings! Tickets are available online, at authorized resellers and, during concert days, also at points of sale around Piazza Napoleone. Book one of our fantastic hotels in Lucca and be carried away by the energy of the Summer Festival’s music!
LUCCA EVENTS 2017 presents the 20th edition of Lucca Summer Festival
Location: Lucca - Piazza Napoleone
Dates: from June 14th to September 23rd, 2017
Lucca Festival 2017: dates, timetables, tickets and info at the official website www.summer-festival.com
Period: From 14 June 2017 to 23 September 2017
Event location: Lucca
Contacts: info & tickets on the official website www.summer-festival.com
Need help choosing
Tours & Activities
Day trip to Pisa and Lucca from Florence
Duration: approx. 8 hours and 30 minutes
- Per person
- € 60.00
Tours & Activities
Day trip to the Cinque Terre from Florence with lunch
Duration: approx. 13 hours
Location: Cinque Terre - La Spezia
- Per person
- € 115.00
Tours & Activities
Walking tour with aperitif in Florence
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes aprox.
- Per person
- € 16.00
Lucca: Puccini Festival 2019 in Torre del Lago
From 06 July 2019 to 25 August 2019
Siena: Bravio delle Botti in Montepulciano 2019
From 17 August 2019 to 25 August 2019
Pistoia: Serravalle Jazz 2019
From 25 August 2019 to 28 August 2019
Lucca: Barga Jazz Festival 2019
From 08 August 2019 to 31 August 2019