Lucca Summer Festival 2016
In Piazza Napoleone the most anticipated concerts of the summer
From 02 June 2016 to 23 July 2016
- Bookable services
Lovers of music! Everything is already decided for one of the most anticipated events in Lucca: the Lucca Summer Festival 2016! The programme includes the concerts of the most important Italian and international artists who, from 2 June, will create an engaging and unique show.
Now in its 19th edition, this music festival has become a true 'cult' among the Italian summer events: every year, thousands of spectators from all over Italy come to enjoy the Lucca Festival in Piazza Napoleon. The Lucca Summer music Festival 2016 will be an event that should not be missed and one for you to take part in!
As for the origins of the event, the first edition of the Lucca music Festival was held in 1998 with a special guest, no other than ... Bob Dylan! From then on it was a succession of big concerts, live performances by internationally renowned artists and bands such as Eric Clapton, Jamoroquai and James Brown, and the most popular singers like Fiorella Mannoia, Pino Daniele, Giorgia and Elisa, just to name a few.
Interesting fact: in 2009 at the Lucca Festival in Piazza Napoleone, the members of the Dave Matthews Band performed the longest show of their careers: for this reason the concert, which lasted over three hours, became part of one of their best-selling record boxes.
LUCA SUMMER FESTIVAL - PROGRAMME 2016
An incredible billboard for this edition of the Lucca Summer Festival in Lucca: international guests, unmissable duets, live music and lots of fun! Watchword of this year? Double bill: after the success of last year in the evening which saw Bob Dylan and Franscesco De Gregori sharing the stage, the Lucca Summer Festival 2016 lineup - Tuscany proposes the formula of double appointments:
- 2 JUNE. The task of opening the 19th edition of the Summer Lucca Festival 2016 is entrusted to the legendary British singer-songwriter Graham Nash: who will present 'This Path Tonight', the album - released worldwide on 15 April - consists of 10 songs produced by Shane Fontayne and his first solo record after a 14-year career.
- 9 JULY. A truly exclusive evening with the concerts of two great artists at the Lucca Summer Festival: Van Morrison and Tom Jones, returning to the Lucca Summer Festival. They will create an unforgettable evening for all lovers of blues music. Two wonderful artists, two great friends, two unmistakable voices that will take you on a fantastic journey to discover their musical roots, from the beginnings to today.
- 11 JULY. another highly anticipated big event at the Lucca Festival in Piazza Napoleone: Marcus Miller! After the resounding success of his latest album 'Afrodeezia' and the 4 dates in Italy which have sold out, the great American musician - named UNESCO Artist for Peace in 2013 - will give his fans an evening of great emotions sharing the stage with Beth Hart. With her delicate and powerful voice, the LA singer / songwriter will propose some songs from her latest album 'Better Than Home', a charming mix of blues, pop, gospel and jazz.
- 12 JULY. Back in Italy an international superstar, Lionel Richie at the Lucca Summer Festival will share the stage with Earth Wind & Fire for a memorable double bill which will see the alternation of the cornerstones of dance music from a whole generation! Numerous tracks will be played, an explosive mix of funk, soul and disco music: 'Say You, Say Me', 'All Night Long', 'Boogie Wonderland' and many other unforgettable hits.
- 13 JULY. Another really interesting double show that will give quite a few emotions, that of singer-songwriter Vinicio Capossela and poet and singer Esperanza Spalding!
After the release of his new album called 'Canzoni della Cupa', eclectic Vinicio Capossela will perform on stage at the Lucca Summer Festival 2016 with '2016 - Polvere Tour': music with strong tones, thanks to folk themes, ballads and serenades, recalling the archaic, ancestral and mythology.
The second star on the scene will be Esperanza Spalding, a young bass player, singer and composer who won four Grammy awards. This extraordinary artist will present her latest project 'Emily's D + Evolution', a show of music, performance art, set design and imagination ... In short, another precious gem in the Lucca Summer Festival 2016 programme!
- 16 JULY. Numerous surprises at the Lucca Music Festival 2016: the great Neil Young in calendar, to present his 'Content Rebel Tour', relying on the valuable collaboration of Promise on the real. His Lucca Summer Festival 2016 lineup, consisting of an acoustic and an electronic set, will vary depending on the location of the concert: you will listen to songs like 'Harvest Moon' and 'Alabama', that have remained in the attic for many years but ready to return to delight your ears!
- 20 JULY. We enter the heart of the event with an eagerly awaited Lucca Summer Festival artist for which a sold out is expected: Lucca Summer Festival Simply Red plus Lucca Summer Festival Anastacia at the Lucca Summer Festival!
Opening the show of the Lucca Summer Festival Anastacia, one of the most distinctive black voices, who, after her known personal vicissitudes, returns more powerful than ever to ignite the Lucca Festival in Piazza Napoleon with songs from her latest album 'Resurrection' ... and never was a name more appropriate! At the end of her performance, the American blonde will leave the stage to a legendary band that needs no introduction: two words, a world of music ... Simply Red! The Lucca Summer Festival is home for the fourth time (after 2003, 2006 and 2010) to the British group headed by 'redhead' Mick Hacknall, the headliner from the original soulful timbre, scratchy but at the same time soft and true trademark of the band Factory . With over 25 years of honourable career, Simply Red are returning - with the world tour 'Big Love' - to excite the audiences of the Lucca Summer Festival. We are in no doubt that all the tickets will be snapped up very quickly!
- 21 July. The revolution is coming! Quiet, it is not a warning, but the name of the new tour Negramaro, in Lucca on the occasion of the exciting summer festival! In the wake of the incredible success so far - with countless sold-out and 150,000 viewers in just 22 dates - the Salento band is ready to present their acclaimed show at the Lucca Festival in Piazza Napoleone. Do not miss it!
- 23 July. To close the Lucca Summer festival in Tuscany, another event that enriches the already rich program, the concert of Marco Mengoni. In Lucca, the famous singer from Viterbo, committed throughout Italy with the tour '#mengonilive2016', will present his greatest hits and new contents from the new album ' Le cose che non ho'/'The things I don't have', released on 4 December and a triple disc platinum. Do not miss Marco Mengoni live in Lucca!
From June 1 June to 23 July 23, do not miss the Lucca Summer concerts 2016: internationally renowned singers and musicians will give many unforgettable evenings! Tickets are available online, at authorized retailers and, also on the days of the concerts, even in the stores around Piazza Napoleone. Book one of our fantastic hotels in Lucca and be carried away by the energy of the music of the Lucca Summer Festival!
LUCCA EVENTS presents the 19th Lucca Summer Festival
Lucca Summer festival Location: Lucca - Piazza Napoleone
Lucca Summer Festival 2016 Dates: from 2 June to 23 July
Lucca concerts 2016: timetables, tickets and info on the official website summer-festival.com
Period: From 02 June 2016 to 23 July 2016
Event location: Lucca
Need help choosing
Florence: Fabbrica Europa 2018
From 04 May 2018 to 10 June 2018
Florence: Firenze Rocks 2018
From 14 June 2018 to 17 June 2018
Pisa: Luminara of San Ranieri and its traditional Historical Regatta 2018
From 16 June 2018 to 17 June 2018
Florence: Calcio Storico Fiorentino 2018
From 09 June 2018 to 24 June 2018