Lucca Summer Festival 2015
in Napoleon Square one of the most anticipated concerts of the summer
From 01 July 2015 to 29 July 2015
- Bookable services
Everything is now ready for one of the most anticipated events of the summer in Tuscany: the Lucca Summer Festival 2015! Concerts from the most important international stars, prestige singers, bands and artists are included in the Lucca Summer Festival 2015 program which will be hosted in Piazza Napoleone creating an engaging and unique show.
Now in its 18th edition, the Lucca Music Festival has become a must for music lovers and a true 'cult' among the Italian summer events.
Launched in 1998 with the special guest Bob Dylan, the Lucca Music Festival lineup offers big concerts every year, with live performances by internationally renowned artists and bands such as Eric Clapton, Jamoroquai and James Brown.
In 2009, at the Lucca Summer Festival, in Piazza Napoleone, the Dave Matthews Band performed the longest show of their career, which is why the concert, which lasted over three hours, became part of their best-selling record.
The rich and inviting Lucca Summer Festival 2015 programme is already decided:
- 1st July 2015: Bob Dylan returns, one of the greatest artists of the world music scene. The eclectic American artist stood on this festival stage in 1998, while in 2002 he participated with Pino Daniele, Ron, Francesco de Gregori and Fiorella Mannoia with a memorable performance. This year he will start the Lucca Festival 2015 with one of the most respected Italian songwriters, Francesco de Gregori: an amazing comparison between Italian and American storytellers for an evening that promises to be nothing short of amazing!
- 5th July 2015: John Legend for the only Italian stop of his tour in 2015 will perform in the Lucca Music Festival line-up and will delight fans with his greatest hits and the songs from his latest album 'Love the Future', registered with the collaboration of Kanue West. At the last Grammy Awards, John Legend charmed the audience singing 'Glory', from the soundtrack of the movie 'Selma', a dazzling piece that allowed him to win the coveted Golden Globe.
- 7th July 2015: At the Lucca Festival in Piazza Napoleone, be captivated by the energy of Los Lobos! The historical band from Los Angeles will make the audience dance with a mix of country music, salsa, blues and rockabilly. Since 1973, the group has found, over the years, their artistic identity, proposing provocative and pungent lyrics; For over 30 years, Los Lobos have played alongside international stars, including the legendary U2. Their timeless piece 'La Bamba', which has made three generations dance, made them famous throughout the world.
- 8th July 2015: After five years Paolo Nutini will be back at Lucca Music Festival! Born in Scotland in 1987, Nutini's sound (with an English mother and father of Italian descent) ranges from rock to blues, R&B to funk. Enjoying a smashing success, he released the albums 'These Street' in 2006 and 'Sunny Side Up' in 2009, which both sold over a million and a half copies in the UK. In 2014 'Caustic Love' is released, which fully demonstrates the artistic maturity conquered by Nutini. The American band Alabama Shakes will open his concert.
- 9th July 2015: Great expectations at the Lucca Summer Festival program for the first concert of The Script. Danny O'Donoghue (vocals and piano), Glen Power (vocals and drums) and Mark Sheehan (guitar and vocals) have captivated audiences with their hip hop / soul music, created from individual life experiences that were not always easy. The young Irish band will present songs from the new album 'No Sound without Silence' together with their best-known hits.
- 10th July 2015: For nearly 40 years on the crest of a wave, Billi Idol returns to Italy for the Lucca Music Festival 2015 to celebrate punk and wave music of the eighties:, his varied Lucca Music Festival line up will present the successes that made him famous and the songs from his latest album 'Kings & Queens of the Underground'. Billi Idol began his career in 1976 as leader of the group 'Generation X', he then moved on to a solo career in the early eighties and since then, the wildest frontman of all time has published eight albums recorded in his studio, a live and one even five greatest hits.
- 11th July 2015: An evening that must-be seen, with one of the most anticipated Lucca summer concerts of 2015: Elton John. At the Lucca Summer Festival 2015 for the fifth time, the multi-talented English singer-songwriter will perform at the Lucca Music Festival with an amazing band: Matt Bissonette on bass, guitarist Davey Johnston, John Mahon on percussion, Nigel Olsson on drums and Kim Bullard on keyboards. Winner of many Grammy Awards, in more than forty years of award-winning career Elton John has sold an astonishing 400 million discs, confirming to be one of the giants of international music.
- 20th July 2015: the extraordinary singer Lauryn Hill is unexpectedly coming back to Italy! The Lucca Summer Festival 2015 is honoured to host this multi-talented great artist, with rare vocal abilities, rapper and also author of committed and profound lyrics. Lauryn Hill debuted in 1993 as the voice of the Fugees, a popular hip-hop group, and in 1998 she released her first solo album 'The Miseducation' selling over 18 million copies and that lead her to win as many as 5 Grammy Awards in 1999. After huge international success, Hill decided to get away from the music scene to focus on her private life: the Lucca Summer concerts in 2015 with one of the most beautiful voices of all time should not be missed.
- 22nd July 2015: the Lucca Summer Festival 2015 program comes alive with a concert by Mark Knopfler. The former leader of the historic rock group Dire Straits, the British singer-songwriter will perform with his band formed by 7 elements, many of which are his historic collaborators. Knopfler is finishing his 9th solo album titled 'Tracker' with the collaboration of great artists such as Bruce Molski, Phil Cunningham and Ruth Moody. Do not miss Mark Knopfler live in Lucca!
- 23rd July 2015: The fans are already super-excited for the concert of Robbie Williams at the Lucca Music Festival which has sold out with 14,000 tickets already sold. The former lead singer of Take That, the British boy band in that in the 90s had a great success in the world, will be at the Lucca Summer Festival 2015 to present one of the most anticipated musical events of the Summer Festival: 'Let Me Entertain You Tour', a new and original journey through his greatest hits.
- 24th July 2015: Rap Music lovers can not miss the concert of Fedez and Jax at the Lucca Summer Music Festival 2015, an exceptional event that will see them perform together live. The two most famous Italian rappers, founders of the Independent Label Newtopia, get together after the success at the Verona Arena with Hip Hop TV Arena, accompanied by the Italian Philharmonic Orchestra. Fedez and Jax, colleagues, but also friends, are waiting for you with one of the most entertaining Lucca summer concerts in 2015!
- 26th July 2015: After his amazing concert in November 2014 at the Mediolanum Forum in Milan, Lenny Kravitz is back inItaly! At the Lucca Summer Festival 2015, the energetic New York rocker will present his latest masterpiece 'Strut', which is also the name of his tour, which has seen the collaboration of the great artists Bruce Springsteen, David Bowie and the Rolling Stones.
- 28th July 2015: The Lucca Festival 2015 dates come to a close with an international music legend, Snoop Dogg, who presents his latest hit 'Bush', released in May this year and produced by the great Pharrell Williams. Snoop Dogg, artist with an unmistakable voice, has sold over 35 million records worldwide and has become a true icon of the music business due to his versatility: in addition to music, he has operated successfully in the fashion industry, television and technology. The special guest of the evening will be Marcus Miller, musician who became famous at only 25 years of age with the famous album 'Tutu', written and produced by the great Miles Davis. Bassist and multi-instrumentalist, in 2013 he was named UNESCO Artist for Peace in 2013.
From 1st to 28th July do not miss the Lucca Summer Music Festival 2015! Tickets are available online, at authorized retailers and on the days of concerts, even at ticket kiosks around Piazza Napoleone. Book one of our fantastic hotels and be swept away by the energy of one of the most important events in Lucca in 2015!
LUCCA SUMMER 2015 PRESENTS LUCCA SUMMER FESTIVAL 2015
Location: Lucca - Piazza Napoleone
When: from 1st to 28th July 2015
For more information about tickets and Lucca Summer Festival dates: www.summer-festival.com
Period: From 01 July 2015 to 29 July 2015
Event location: Lucca - Piazza Napoleone
Contacts: for more information about tickets and dates www.summer-festival.com
Pistoia: In Collodi 'Pinocchio comes from the fairy tale'
From 16 September 2016 to 31 May 2017
Casciana Terme: Cherry Festival in Lari 2017
From 27 May 2017 to 04 June 2017
Florence: Fabbrica Europa 2017
From 04 May 2017 to 15 June 2017
Carrara: website White Carrara Downtown
From 10 June 2017 to 18 June 2017