Halloween Celebration 2019 in Borgo Mozzano
Scary days and nights in the heart of mysterious Garfagnana
From 26 October 2019 to 31 October 2019
- Bookable services
- Tours & Activities
From October 26th to 31st on the occasion of the Halloween Celebration 2019, Borgo a Mozzano (Lucca) will be transformed into a real 'kingdom of fear' full of zombies, ghosts and scary creatures. Now in its 26th edition, the festival is nothing less than the biggest Halloween party in Italy. And where could an event like this take place if not in Garfagnana, the area in Tuscany where mysteries and legends seem to be a daily occurrence? Some examples? Just think of Linchetto, the naughty spirit who is always up to mischief or the area 51 of Garfagnana where UFOs are said to have landed. But the most famous mystery, and also the most intriguing of all, is the legend of Ponte del Diavolo on the river Serchio. That's why the Ponte del Diavolo in Borgo a Mozzano, Italy, is the ideal location for one of the best Halloween events! It will kick-off in the early afternoon with a long series of events, some of them aimed at 'buddy zombies', and it will go on until the following morning. The last event of the Borgo a Mozzano Halloween night will start at 3.00 on November 1st! After all, zombies and ghosts do not go to bed early! If the highlight of the event is obviously October 31st, celebrations for Halloween in Borgo a Mozzano begin already the previous weekend. Take a look at the packed program that begins on October 26th and start planning to celebrate the spookiest night of the year at Ponte del Diavolo in Tuscany. What should you expect? In just a word, everything! Shows and performances, costume parades, conferences and talks on the themes of the occult, screening of horror films, contests for the best zombies, role-playing games, concerts, DJ mix and market stalls. But as we are not zombies yet and we need to feed ourselves with good food, during the Halloween weekend 2019 at the Devil's Bridge there will also be several food outlets where you will sample many tantalizing delicacies.
HALLOWEEN CELEBRATION 2019 PROGRAM
If you are still undecided about what to do for Halloween, keep in mind that the party at the Ponte del Diavolo in Garfagnana is the best of the best! In Borgo a Mozzano, in the scariest night of all, you'll be spoiled for choice on how to spend your evening! We would recommend checking the event website to get the full lineup and all the details, but in the meantime here is a 'tremendous' preview which will help you make up your mind: you will spend your Halloween 2019 in Italy’s Tuscany!
- the Black Night: it is a fantastic interactive game set in the land of Vampires where the players challenge each other using ingenuity, wit and cold blood! Forty lineages of vampires and eighty families of vampires that revolve around a great mystery that needs to be solved. How do you play? First of all you have to go to the event website and together with the members of the group playing with you, you will choose the family of vampires to be part of and dress up and put make up on. Once you’re ready you can go to the game check-in on Saturday 26th October from 6.00pm to 8.00pm in order to take part in the game starting at 9.00pm.
- La Notte di Lucida: At 9.30 pm on October 31st in Piazza XX Settembre the show will begin, followed by the procession starring Lucca's noblewoman Lucida Mansi. Legend has it that she exchanged her soul with the devil for 40 years of youth. She will come out of the underworld for Halloween night 2019, wander with Lucifer with his terrifying followers. Once you arrive on the Devil's bridge her soul will be thrown into the river and she will sink back into the underworld!
- Passage of Terror: in Piazza ex Standa, from 4pm on October 31st the gates will open and at 5pm one of the most incredible experiences of the Halloween party in Borgo a Mozzano (Tuscany) will begin. It will be like being catapulted into the scene of a film, obviously a Horror film! You will be immersed in the scene and experience the emotions and events by interacting with actors and figurants.
- International Festival of non-life: a disturbing name for a series of events that will include games, meetings, challenges but also music and art. Within the ‘scary’ frame of the Zombie Festival the ‘Zombiadi’ will take place, an apocalyptic version of the Olympics where there aren’t only athletes but also living dead!
- Ghost Experiment: you fellow ghostbusters can’t miss the chance to see all the zombies gathered at Garfagnana’s Devil Bridge! Want to become one of them? Take part in the selections that will be held between October 20th and November 2nd and if you are among the ten chosen ones you will take part in 'Ghost Experiment 2019': on the night between October 30th and 31st, in a secret location, experts will conduct a series of experiments on intriguing paranormal phenomena.
- Haeretica 2019: the Borgo a Mozzano Halloween celebration will host a Halloween-themed music event! From 6.00pm until 2.00am, hard-rock and heavy metal bands will take turns on the stage of Piazza Garibaldi. Throughout the historic center you will find other live and disco dance parties and everything will culminate with the ‘Granda Sabba’ and even later with the ‘Dance Macabre’ at the former Oblate convent.
- Jack the Pumpkin King: one of the best Halloween events, an afternoon dedicated to children which is full of surprises and attractions. For two and a half hours different locations in the historic center will host moments of animation, music and theater.
Have we convinced you to spend Halloween 2019 in Garfagnana? Are you ready then to enter the realm of death? The Halloween celebration ticket will take you on an incredible journey in a frightening and upsetting parallel world, provided that you have the guts. We can’t wait to find out if we will meet you at one of the most incredible Halloween events in Tuscany. But if you really want to have it large, then we have another challenge for you: why not try our scary Florence Tour?
Period: From 26 October 2019 to 31 October 2019
Event location: Borgo a Mozzano
Contacts: more info on the official website www.halloweencelebration.it
Need help choosing