Easter and Spring holidays 2017 in Florence
Easter, Easter Monday, 25th April and 1st May in Florence: hints and tips to spend a few days in the Tuscan city!
From 13 April 2017 to 01 May 2017
If you are looking for a place to spend your spring holidays in Italy in 2017, Florence is just the thing for you! A beautiful city where you can enjoy a break from the daily grind and indulge in your favourite pursuits: decide to spend Easter in Florence, as well as 25th April in Florence and 1st May in Florence and choose amongst art, culture, events, traditions, food and wine... with fun and enjoyment as a common denominator: fun and relax!
The Tuscan city is a great way to spend a few days of well-deserved vacation or just a weekend: our exciting suggestions are your best option whatever you wish to do in the 'Cradle of the Renaissance'! We have many ideas for you to decide what to do in Florence in April: where to go, what to do and not to be missed events to live the high life at Easter in Florence 2017, April 25th Florence Italy and Florence 1st May!
We at toscanainside.com as true insiders know the area because we live in it and can advise you on a whole range of interesting activities to get to know our city at its best: spending Easter Sunday in Florence (Italy) and Easter Monday in Florence as well as 1st May or 25th April in Florence will allow you to discover this fascinating city with its traditions and many facets.
But first things first:
FLORENCE AT EASTER: if you have the chance to spend the 2017 Easter celebrations in Florence – spanning from 14th to 17th April - you should visit its main attractions, the neighbouring cities, but also the many medieval villages scattered on the Chianti hills and relish their charming atmosphere and breath-taking views. Here are just a few suggestions:
- Food and Wine Tour in Chianti from Florence. During this tour, you will spend an afternoon relaxing in Chianti, one of the most popular areas of Tuscany, while tasting the famous and worldwide-known Chianti wine. The first part of the excursion includes a visit to two renowned wineries, where you will see how the wine is produced and stored but above all you will have the opportunity to discover and taste delicious local products accompanied, of course, by excellent Chianti wine!
- Day trip to Siena, San Gimignano and the Chianti area. By participating in this tour, which also starts from Florence, you will visit Siena with its famous shell shaped piazza, the beautiful village of Monteriggioni, the charming town of San Gimignagno and, last but not least, the Chianti area with its fairy-tale scenarios. A delight for the eyes... and, dare we say, the palate as well, thanks to the visit to the winery with Chianti wine tasting and scrumptious snacks!
25 APRIL IN FLORENCE: this year 25th April, Liberation Day in Italy, falls on a Tuesday ... and so why not treat yourself to a beautiful holiday in spring in Florence and discover one of the most beautiful cities in Italy? As you can see for yourself by consulting the section dedicated to the tours in Florence, our proposals cover the great classics, including the famous museums of Florence, but also unusual and original visits. Here are some ideas.
- The Uffizi Gallery and the Accademia Gallery are certainly a must see for anyone visiting Florence as they house work of arts of great beauty such as 'La Primavera' by Botticelli, Titian’s 'Venus of Urbino' and Donatello’s 'David', just to name a few.
- If you love unusual tours, why not consider the 'Inferno Tour', an intriguing itinerary that retraces the places described in the famous novel by Dan Brown and 'In the footsteps of the Medici Family', an extraordinary escorted tour in the historic centre of Florence to get to know the family that marked the destiny of this city leaving long-lasting testimonies.
- As is well known, food and wine are one of the major attractions for tourists in Tuscany... so why not visit the destinations linked to this region’s great culinary history while at the same enjoying a class on traditional food cooking? By taking part in our tour 'Cooking course and visit to the Central Market of Florence' you will meet with an expert chef who will take you to the bustling San Lorenzo market where you will purchase the ingredients that will be combined to prepare your own meals! We also suggest similar tours such as 'Pizza and ice-cream course in Florence with tasting' and 'Fresh pasta making course in Florence' ... and bon-appétit!
- If among our several suggestions you still do not find what is right for you, we invite you to join our 'Your Own Florence' tour, a personalized tour of Florence tailored for you by our expert guides according to your specific interests!
1 MAY IN FLORENCE: Labour Day will wrap up the Florence Easter break. Do you only have this date available? Never fear, toscanainside.com has thought of you and offers you the opportunity to participate in short tours, bookable online just a few days before your departure ... giving you the chance to rely on accurate weather forecasts!
If you want to dedicate yourself to culture, we suggest you consider our 'Guided visit to the Uffizi and Accademia in just 2 hours', a tour designed for those with little time available who do not want to miss out on the 'must-see' of the city!
An alternative to enjoy Florence on 1st May is to see the city from another perspective: in this regard we recommend the 'Ecological tour in the Historic Centre' on board a comfortable electric golf cart or 'Florence Tour boat' to sail the River Arno on a vintage punt or, if you enjoy sport, ‘Florence by bike ' for a comfortable bike ride!
If you are heading to Florence only as a daily trip, City Sightseeing Florence - 24 hours ticket - will allow you to easily visit the main city attractions with a single hop-on hop-off ticket which you can use on all available transport.
Besides guided tours, let’s not forget about what's on in Florence in April 2017 and also in its surroundings! Out of all the exhibitions, let us bring your attention to 'Bill Viola. Electronic Renaissance' at Palazzo Strozzi, a great performance that celebrates the undisputed master of contemporary video art and, in the charming crypt of the Cathedral of Siena, ‘The Beauty wounded. Norcia, Earth heart art quake' which displays artwork salvaged from the terrible earthquake that struck the area in 2016. In April in Florence, among the Easter events, we would like to draw your attention to the classic 'Explosion of the Cart', a folk event that takes place every year on Easter Sunday: a pair of oxen pull along the streets of the historic centre a cart carrying the typical 'brindellone'(a sort of pyrotechnic tower). On the climax of the ceremony, the Archbishop lights from his altar a rocket in the shape of a dove that, following the main nave of the church, reaches the outside and sets the wagon on fire. Excitement is guaranteed!
For the Easter weekend in Florence as well as 25th April in Florence and 1st May in Florence, remember to book your accommodation: in our portal you can choose your hotel in Florence and book online convenient transfer services throughout Toscany.Toscanainside.com: planning your Florence holidays in April 2017 has never been so easy!
Period: From 13 April 2017 to 01 May 2017
Event location: Florence
Need help choosing
Tours & Activities
Best of Florence: Accademia, Uffizi and the historical centre
Duration: approx. 4 hours and 45 minutes
- Per person
- € 88.00
Pisa: 48th National Exhibition of the White Truffle in San Miniato
From 11 November 2018 to 25 November 2018
Florence: Florence Marathon 2018
25 November 2018
Prato: Montemurlo Olice oil Festival 2018
From 09 November 2018 to 25 November 2018
Lucca: Il Desco 2018
From 30 November 2018 to 09 December 2018